We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

Singapore
Level Contributor
328 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

Travelling to Bandung next week and I'm worried bout safety. How's the situation in Bandung since it's so near to jkt?

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
857 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

No problem at all. Bandung is far from the Merapi volcano and from the Mentawai islands where the tsunami took place.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

Worry about the volcanic activity of Mt. Tangkuban Perahu while in BDG, not Mt. Mt. Merapi. Or buy geography atlas at least.

3. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:25 am, October 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

Hi suitejoe

Just came back from Bandung yesterday. Weather is very cooling & nice :)

U dun have 2 worry about anything. I have a very pleasant 5 days day since 24th (Sunday).

All I have 2 say is enjoy Bandung! Take care :)

Penang Island...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

Should I go on with my coming holiday to Jakarta and Bandung this weekend (Nov 6 )- any comment ? is it safe and how about the current weather over there? Pls advice.

Singapore
Level Contributor
328 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

Thanks all for the informations. Leaving to bandung tomolo n looking forward to a great trip there!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

<<Should I go on with my coming holiday to Jakarta and Bandung this weekend (Nov 6 )- any comment ? is it safe and how about >>

On weekend????? Oh, my god...... this weekend or any other WEEKEND is bad-bad-bad idea. Please, Nana_21_10, read this forum carefully and find as many warnings about visiting BDG on weekend as possible. (consider the task as your homework)

And,,,,,,,,,

leave the madness to the locals.

8. Re: Is Bandung affected by the earthquake and merapi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 03, 2011