We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to be visited in and around bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
5 posts
Save Topic
Places to be visited in and around bandung

Hi All,

Im new to this forum. First time Im going to visit bandung and places near to that. Myself and my friends staying in Jakarta. We planned to spend two days and one night in bandung. We perfer spend night time in kawah putih.

We prefer to cover atleast the below places.

kawah putih

kebun strawberry,

ciater,

tangkuban perahu

Also planned to buy the below stuff

Kartika sari,

prima rasa

And the below cafe (atleast one)

Cafe kampung daun

the valley

sapu lidi

We dont know the other places to be visited. Also no idea how far each places is located from other places. :(. So we cannt plan our schedule and order the places to be visited. Could you please anyone advise how to arrange trip for 2 days and 1 night. Yes we prefer to rent car. :)

Expecting your reply on this. Thanks in advance.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

2 days and 1 night and you wish to cover all those places? I would say it's too daring plan, especially if you're going on a weekend, you can get to two or three places the max.

Would you elaborate when are you going to do this trip, i.e. during weekdays or weekends?

Jakarta
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

we are planning our trip oncoming week end (July 31st and Aug 1st). We are leaving Jakarta early morning by car on July 31st saturday.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,935 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Disaster, Disaster, Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prefect80_fun,

you indicate that you are new to this forum. So IMO it is very advisable to READ first and made your own best of the info already published and numerous times discussed on these pages than to do all the amateur mistakes in vacation planning.

Here are the tips for you:

1/ visiting Bandung on weekends is a catastrophe. Doing sites on weekend is a disaster. Hitting the road on Saturday morning - what could be worse!

2/ Million times we pointed out that BDG is OK on weekdays only. Traffic is horrendous ( toll and city limits).. Points of interest and access roads to them are so packed with visitors` cars that local shops are short in soap and rope. AVOID weekends/ holidays, long weekends, festive seasons and special events. Stay home and save the environment with your own shortage of carbon dioxide.

3/ Doing all sights you mention - is impossible even if you plan to die trying. Read the forum and educate yourself about BDG geography and its famous sights location.

4/ After reading ( a thoughtful one) come back and ask more questions.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Between Tangkuban Prahu and Kawah Putih, IMHO Kawah Putih is the more attractive.

And as you have only a weekend and like to stay over at/near Kawah Putih, my advice would be to forget about Tangkuban Prahu and the shopping. As cirque and Schonefeld pointed out, weekend shopping in Bandung is no fun; you spend most of your time in traffic jams.

If you drive from Jakarta straight to Kawah Putih, you can avoid Bandung city altogether. I think there is a turnoff from the toll-road at Cimahi to Pasir Koja, Soreang and Ciwidey. Else you can turn off at Kopo via Katapang and Soreang to Ciwidey. Distance from the tollroad to Kawah Putih about 40 km. Count on up to 2 hours for this distance depending on traffic.

There is no accommodation at Kawah Putih, but there is at Ciwidey, about 10 km from the crater: Sindang Reret hotel and Sukarasa motel.

Between Ciwidey and the crater you will see strawberry gardens, where you can pick them and drink strawberry juice.

Once there you can also visit Walini hot springs and Lake Patengan.

Theo

Edited: 12:14 am, July 28, 2010
Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Forgot:

You can also stay at Argapuri Hotel, Gambung, somewhat farther from Kawah Putih. At Cisondari north of Ciwidey take direction Gambung, the hotel is 6 km from the turnoff.

Argapuri Hotel is a quiet and remote retreat among tea plantations. You can also visit Gambung Tea Research station.

Theo

Jakarta
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Hi Schonefeld,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the traffic jam on week ends but cannt travel on week days because of official work. :(

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,935 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Hi, prefect80_fun,

Sure, circumstances are sometimes are against us, BUT common sense must always be in presence. Listening to a piece of good advice too.

All the rest hassle is up to you. At least you are warned that it is a bad idea.

Jakarta
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Hai Theo,

"as you have only a weekend and like to stay over at/near Kawah Putih, my advice would be to forget about Tangkuban Prahu and the shopping"

[perfect_fun] Agreed with you. We are not interested in shopping. We ever visited Tangkuban Prahu, so never mind to skip it.

"There is no accommodation at Kawah Putih, but there is at Ciwidey, about 10 km from the crater: Sindang Reret hotel and Sukarasa motel"

[perfect_fun] Any advance booking is need for this? or we directly check in when we go there? Moreover is it budget hotel?

"Between Ciwidey and the crater you will see strawberry gardens, where you can pick them and drink strawberry juice"

[perfect_fun] so on first day July 31st we directly go to Kawah Putih and roam there and in the evening visit strawberry garden and stay at Ciwidey. On first day is there any possibility to cover places between jakarta to Kawah putih?

Where we can roam on second day? We planned only 4 persons so we can rush to visit places since we have own car. :)

Once there you can also visit Walini hot springs and Lake Patengan.

Jakarta
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Yes Schonefeld, I 100% agree with you. But still... something are unavoidable. Since im staying in jakarta i can visit missed out places in and around bandung during my next trip. I want to make this trip in success way as much i can with traffic jam :(

Im ready to compromise to cut someplaces because of traffic jam.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,935 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to be visited in and around bandung

Here is an anecdote for you.

Once i tried to reach Cawah Putih on weekend ( how foolish I was!) I spend 5 hours in traffic jams ( 40 km from the city) and you know what? I did not reach the site, as to enter the National park you have to stay in the line for another , say, 12 hours. I turned around and headed back. Like you I HATE unfinished business and unfulfilled promises, and I returned to the place on WEEKDAY, enjoyed myself over there at full etc. AND swore not to repeat the mistake again.

And here is the link to Sindang Reret

www.sindangreret.com/v1/index.php… ( will be fully booked on weekend, so reservation in advance is very recommended).