We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Factory outlets locationson the map.

Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Factory outlets locationson the map.

Wonder if anyone here knows of a map that shows the location of all the various factory outlets & distros in places like Jln Dago, Jln Riau & Jln Setiabudi etc.

Can plan our shopping routes better if we know where the locations of all these FOs, instead of backtracking to and fro aimlessly.

So far I can only managed to find a website (http://www.bandungtourism.com/act_a_e.php) which show a few of these FOs on the google map, but the list is not exhaustive. Wud be useful if anyone who knows of a better website post the link here for all to share. ;)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,394 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Factory outlets locationson the map.

Hello, again Lucas4060,

1/ Out of my personal experience, Jl. Riau has the most to offer. Heritage and Secret are the places to check, certainly. Merdeka and DSE at Jl. Merdeka (almost around the cornet from Riau). Dago I personally see as places of random goods stuffed in one shop without purpose or organization. I do not shop there. IMO Rumah Mode is hugely overpriced.

Truly and honestly shopping in FOs is VERY long, tedious and spirit breaking business. I can endure no more than 3 or 2 in one visit ( 2 days).

Malays do in tens.........LOL

2/ Taxi situation is pretty much organized and YES the majority of taxi are metered ones. Best and recommended are still - Blue Bird, Gamia, Express. I suppose there is still always an unhappy chance that you stumble across one unfair driver which would like to take advantage of the visitor with limited city knowledge and start bargaining with you - just ignore him, slam the door and get another taxi.

3/ Chinese resto in Bandung? At the moment nothing pops into mind..... Sorry.....

All my best places-to-eat-in-Bandung are steak houses and Makanan Sunda.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Factory outlets locationson the map.

Hi Lucas,

There is a map. Not online though. Its called " Bandung Shopping Map". You will find it at any bookstore in Bandung or at the road junctions being hawked by the newspaper vendors.

Formen has an excellent selection of dinner and casual suits. Ladies pop by next door to the Istanan Tas which sells nothing but ladies shoes and bags.

My fav FOs are Rumah Mode, The Secret, and Cascade. I have not found much thrill in the Dago places although Jetset is a good place for kids clothes.

The Secret and Cascade are on Rhiau, about 200m away from each other. Formen is across the junction from Cascade.

Honestly, most friends and family go to Rumah Mode and disappear there past the appointed meeting hour. Havn't had a disattisfied visitor to RMode yet. Mode Plus is just in front and stocks lots of menswear. Tell the missus not to miss a boutique across the road from Rmode called Sisters. Heaps of style on the cheap.

Enjoy.

Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Factory outlets locationson the map.

Schonefeld - Tks again for taking the time to share your own experiences with me. Mucho appreciato ! :) And hey its good to know that my Jakartarian friend was right and most taxis now are metered. Thats a relief, I say !.....of coz there will be a few bad eggs in any occupations...we'll just learn how to accept them in our strides and take the necessary precautions. :D

Craneboywill - Many thanks for the detailed infos on FOs in Bandung. I know where Secret is on the map........which means that I will be able to trace Cascade (200m away, u say).....which will lead me to Formen (across the junction from Cascade) !

Will alert my female partner to Sisters when we visit RMode......hmmmm as a matter of fact, I think I will print out and save a copy of yr posting to bring along for my trip.

Will also look out for the "Bandung Shopping Map" when I am there.

Tks bro' !! :D

14. Re: Factory outlets locationson the map.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 04, 2010