We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandung trip next week

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Bandung trip next week

Hi All,

My family and i will be going to Bandung on the 22/07/09 and be staying in Grand Seriti Hotel for 4 days. As this is our first time travelling to Bandung,pls provide us with good informations on places to visit-FO,Shopping Mall,supermarket,restaurant..etc

& pls help to provide me a good transportation for us-2 adult & a 20 month old child. Is is a far from the hotel to all FO or mall? if we decide to walk, will it takes a lot of time & energy?

Apart from shopping, is there other places for us to visit? any zoo nearby eg?

Pls help to reply to all the questions above. Thanks alot

bandung
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandung trip next week

hallo razli,bandung have alot FO at several name of street,like riau,dago , n setiabudi.bandung also have some shoping mall with branded item 1st class.some restourants with delecius n cheap also alot at places.seriti hotel is near area of factory outlet but for 20month kid it will be so tired and spent alot energy.i have some information about transportation,u can send me email to noenoeaditya@yahoo.com

Malaysia
Level Contributor
151 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hello Razli,

Best is to hire a Supir (Van Driver) for your trip as they will take you to all the popular places and factory outlets and wait for you while you and your family shop. That is what I did early this year.

As for details on Bandung, there is too much to writ here but I do have a detailed blog on Bandung for my last visit there.

Have a good trip!

Regards,

David

…blogspot.com/search/label/Bandung%20Shopping

My detailed Bandung info blog

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your info.

bdw, what is the standard price for catering a one day transport service-include driver/oil/parking- and how many hours in the day is consider a day trip for them to charge the quote price?

Thanks,

Sue

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hi ,thanks for your info.Will email you soon for more juicy enquries bout Bandung k.

bandung
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandung trip next week

there are price list for various of car,u can chek at www.mytravelonline.co.cc

kuala lumpur
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hi razli maybe u can try zafiracar, just go to www.zafiracar.com, u can also ym with him.. btw, i get suzuki arena apv from him for idr 400k, which include toll, petrol, parking n driver. some of the car rent agent the rate doesnt include driver. u can trust that zafiracar, i guarantee u.. u also can go to tangkuban perahu n kawah putih, n strawberry farm. but at the tangkuban perahu, u have to be careful.. beacuse there is a lot of "peniaga jalanan" which will follow u where ever u go and asking u to buy their stuff.. For levis jeans, there is only one store selling it in bandung, toko 3 at jln ahmad yani, the price is better than malaysia.. Have a nice trip.

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hi Kaki Bandung,

from your name, i believe you are a frequent in Bandung huh? haha. Thanks for your info. I am still searching for a good deal price for my transport as i had manage to get my hotel to fetch me from airport to the hotel..

Bdw, i heard that there is a shopping mall which has a similar shape as a giant shoe? it sas to have an amusement park in the mall is self. hAVE u heard about it? where is it located exactly and is it far from my hotel?

ThANKS,

rAZLI

Malaysia
Level Contributor
151 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hello Razli,

Well, I have one posting in my blog about Bandung Transportation with the Driver (Supir) and hand phone/mobile number.

He is also based in the Airport when you land in Bandung, so he can arrange everything for you. Read up on this for his contact number:

…blogspot.com/2009/06/bandung-factory-outlet…

The Giant Shoe Shopping, I am not sure as I did not see, maybe someone here can explain it to you.

Regards,

David

kuala lumpur
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hi razli.. i believe the giant shoe place is cibaduyut.. all are shoes.. if u rent a car, then the driver will know la.. but if u go by angkut, it takes 2 angkut.. actually all places in bandung is not far.. we're actually not familiar with the street, Cibaduyut has a lot of shoe store, but a lot of it is just like in our Rantau Panjang-have u been there? But sometimes u can find a really nice shoe in the ugly store.. huhuhu.. i get a quilksilver shoe which i cant find the design in malaysia for IDR150K (of course la u have to bargain like a beggar..huhuhu), but at the FO cost around IDR300k.. u really have to find shop by shop.. but if u go to Ciwalk@Cihampelas there is a shop in the mall, selling branded original shoes Kickers, Everlast, Adidas and the price is cheaper, my brother bought a Everlast bag there, cost him around RM60, at Malaysia.. the same one is RM199.At the mall too, ur wife can find body shop boutique also cheaper than here..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bandung trip next week

Hi kakibandung,

Thank you for recommending cibaduyut. I'm going to Bandung with hubby next month and he's looking for these sports shoes (like Addidas, Nike) at cheap prices. Maybe we'll make a trip to cibaduyut. Tho' would you know if they sell large sizes at cibaduyut? He's wearing size 12 shoes. Thank u!

Marrissa