We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any payment to airport officers?

SG
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
any payment to airport officers?

Hi,

My aunt who just got back from Bandung told me that I must have some cash ready to pay staff at the airport when leaving Bandung. Is it true? She is not sure why they (her group of friends) made the payment though. Can clarify?

Thanks!

Bandung Grand Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites, Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
857 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any payment to airport officers?

Hi,

There is no way a traveller - foreignor domestic - should pay airport staff.

Maybe your aunt remembers the airport tax, which is an official charge, and amounts to (I think) Rp 30,000 for domestic flights.

There is also a booth of a Travel Insurance company, sometimes trying to impress innocent travellers (also domestic) that this is compulsory. But it is not, just say that you have your own insurance.

Theo

SG
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: any payment to airport officers?

hi theo1006,

appreciate your reply. thanks for the info. it will help me a great deal. :)

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
821 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any payment to airport officers?

international departure airport tax is 70-80k Rph, I ve never experience anyone asking for money especially custom n immigration but they sometimes ask if i want to leave some ciggies behind...

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any payment to airport officers?

Hi mat_asri

Few occasions especially at Medan & Pekan baru airport,

the airport ppl say they want "duit Kopi" or coffee money

Cheers

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any payment to airport officers?

Hi

Some sites printed that international airport tax is Rp100,000

>>>> Airport Tax:

An airport tax of Rp100.000 is levied by the airport authority for travelers on international routes and Rp30.000 for those on domestic routes.

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
857 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any payment to airport officers?

Airport tax rates differ according to the airport; the bigger the airport the higher the tax. Rp 100,000 for international and Rp 30,000 for domestic are the rates at Soekarno-Hatta airport.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any payment to airport officers?

You'll get a coupon or reciept for all official payments.

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
821 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any payment to airport officers?

for SH Jkt airport tax for international flight is Rph 150k

9. Re: any payment to airport officers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, November 29, 2009