We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D/3N in Bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
selangor
7 posts
Save Topic
4D/3N in Bandung

Just got back fr Bandung last night. It was a productive trip, especially for my hubby. He ended up with more items than me.

Day 1

Arrived at BDO @ 1150am. AA flight "retimed" an hour later. Supir already at the airport to pick us to Grand Serela @ Jl Riau. This service is FOC. Customer service at Serela is top notch; fr the Group GM to the bellboys. Service with a smile.

Check-in, freshen up before heading to Rumah Mode @ Setiabudhi. Caught a cab there for Rp 17K. Was kind of dissapointed with the selection this time. Started raining heavily later in the afternoon and the staff at Rumah Mode helped us to get a taxi back to the hotel; Rp 20K plus tips. Had a quick dinner nearby the hotel before heading for our massage in the hotel. 2 hrs spa session for Rp 280K per person but frankly, it wasn't worth the $. The package includes a scrub, massage & a milk/herbal bath. 1.5hr was spent being scrub. Hubby mentioned he felt like a rug being washed.

Day 2

Caught a taxi to Diaz @ Jln Sederhana. Taxi fares if run on meter never exceeded Rp20K. Impressive FO for bags but pricey. Bought a pair of shoes and some T-shirts. Getting a taxi out of the place could be a prob but the staff could help you to call for one. Gave some tips as a token of appreciation. Headed to Dago for more shopping. Bought Amanda brownies, went crazy @ Level. Huge selection of men's wear at very reasonable prices. 2 pairs of shoes @ Edward Forrer. They have additional discounts for early birds (830 to 930am), lunchtime(1130 to 1330pm) and b4 closing (2000 to 2200pm). Went for a meal @ Dago Panyawangan. Ordered fish, chicken and buntut goreng masak kicap and of course nasi merah timbel. Bill came up to Rp 178K. More shopping - Grande, Donatello, Jetset & Episode. Jl Dago is very long. We could only cover 1/2 of it wt our very heavy load. So decided to call it a day and head back to Jl Riau. Went down to the Karaoke at the basement of the hotel to "cuci mata" and grab a cold drink. Price wise - slightly lower than KL's std.

Day 3

Decided to check out early but left the luggage at the Baggage Room and shopped along Jl Riau. Discovered great buys in Summit (for ladies) and For Men. We walked to Jl Dago (took us about 30 mins)coz we got lost but a great way to see the city and ended up in DSE. Addidas shoes going for less RM85 per pair. Apart from the shoes, it was pretty dissapointing. Headed to Rich n Famous & Happening before heading back to the hotel Serela to collect our luggage. Caught a taxi to Arion Swiss.

The reason why we check into the 2nd hotel is because Serela was fully booked on our last night. I booked Arion Swiss(AS) thru AA and AS is a nicer hotel. Their service is on par wt Serela and their rooms are cheaper (paid Rm205 for Serela vs RM178 for AS) and very much bigger. (There are some agents outside the airport who claim they can get the rooms for you @ Serela for less, approx Rp 495K).

There are not FOs nearby but Pasar Baru is only 500m away. Tried their spa and the verdict - good. Paid Rp 180K for 1 hr reflexology. They have a pool, a small fitness room and a sauna. Decided to dine in the hotel on our 3rd night. Food n price? - hotel standard but service is top notch. Since it was a quite night, the staff were very attentive to our every need.

Day 4

Woke up late and after breakfast decided to walk to Pasar Baru. Being a non-muslim, I thought I will not be able to find much there but was I wrong. Headed straight to the top floor and boy, I was pleasantly surprised. They have a pretty good selection on shoes and bags. Bought 2 bags - Marc Jacob Grade A imitation and LV (grade b) for Rp450K. Can opt to pay wt credit card but they will charge you 3% comm fee.

Headed back to pack before we were sent to the airport. Used their FOC shuttle to the airport. Remember to keep Rp 75K per person for exit tax.

Observations:

1. Taxi

Most taxis we encountered used meter and the fares ranges around Rp15 -Rp18K. Small change or round up the fare. The drivers do not give back the change.

2. Tipping

I think it not necessary but it is a nice gesture for good service. Prepare small change i.e. Rp 1K, 5K, 10K for tipping

3. Shopping

I opted for Serela @ Riau coz I wanted to shop but discovered it would have been better if I stayed in Dago where there are more FOs.

4. Maps

Ask hotel for a map of Bandung. It very accurate. Utilised mine to the fullest. All tattered and torn now.

5. Umbrella

Check the weather forecast. Can opt to bring an umbrella or borrow one fr the hotel. I brought a small umbrella and put it in the backpack.

6. Locals

Yet to meet any unfriendly locals. They are generally very helpful and gracious

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4D/3N in Bandung

Hi,

Excellent report! We will be going to Bandung again in Sept but are not decided yet on Grand Seriti or Geand Serela. After reading your report I am now considering Arion Swiss as well. We plan to stay 6 nights and will be taking the children to Taman Safari on a day-trip.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D/3N in Bandung

suhz,

thanks for your report, very informative! Actually, I have booked Grand Serela for my trip in end May but I can still change my mind because I have not pay for my reservation. Which hotels will you recommend in Dago area? Did you find it hard to travel around in taxi? I'm still considering whether to rent car + driver but it's only 2 of us. I noticed most cars for rental are MPVs.

3. Re: 4D/3N in Bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, November 02, 2009