We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation In Bandung

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation In Bandung

Hi,

Need some advice on accommodation for our trip in August. We will be staying 2 nites there and we have narrowed our hotel selection (not after so much time spent on browsing and looking for reviews for so many bandung hotels such as grand serela, summerhill, dbatoe, de tropis, rumah ebo, banana inn etc) to these two but still undecided. Our choice of hotel have to have a pool for the kids to have a bit of fun after hours of following the mummy roaming all the fos.

The hotels are Grand Seriti and Bilique. Since both hotels are unfamiliar to us.. can you please give an insight to how good these hotels.

The undeciding points are the following :-

Grand Seriti - although the room rates are higher than Bilique, but we would save one day on transportation (we need Pregio) as it is located near many fo's right? But would it be worth the price difference if we were to stay at Bilique which is katanya located around 7 km from Bandung town. (?)

Thanks a lot guys...

Bandung Grand Mosque
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kota Kinabalu
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation In Bandung

Hi,

I suggest u can go for Grand Serela, Grand Serena, Tropicana, Bumi Asih.Sukajadi is popular among malaysian. Not many hotels are with swimming pool though. I have PM you the contact for the assistance.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation In Bandung

The Grand Sereti is a stylish hotel on a quiet residential Road close to the Setiabudhi/ Chihampelas drag. I'd recommend it.

The pool is a little small but there are quite a few good places to eat there. You are also close to Rumah Mode and Setiabudhi is the main Road to tangkuban Prahu and Lembang.

Enjoy!!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation In Bandung

Grand Seriti for sure. And they have a pool.

Bilique is out of city limit, it is mainly used for functions and outgoing seminars, not convenient at all if you MEAN shopping.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation In Bandung

we're not really hardcore shopping ppl.. last time we went, we spent more time on the road, going to safari, tangkupan parahu, ciater. only went for a couple of hrs in pasar baru and a few fo's only.

this time i'm bringing my dad who couldn't join on the trip before, so we are going again to ciater. were also contemplating on corcordia, summerhill or the valley but from what i've read, the valley has lots of stairs which would not be suitable for my parents.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation In Bandung

Well I just have just stayed in Grand Seriti from 17 April till 19 April. Booked the Grand Deluxe at Rp745,000 incl b'fast (weekend rate) booked it through a local travel agent and prepaid it in full. The published rate about Rp1mill for this room. Room is big can fit another extra bed comfortably and there is a small pool at the hotel.

Upon check in or reservation request for a room further away from the karaoke cos it may be too noisy for some people. I saw alot of small kids with parents staying at the hotel too.

Car rental I just took from Zafiracar as stated in one of the forums 400K all inclusive for 12 hours no hidden charges whatsoever. I also rented a car from Bandung to Jakarta for 700K all inclusive for 12 hours shopping too.

6. Re: Accommodation In Bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:26 am, October 20, 2009