We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

availability of taxis at rumah mode in the evening hours?

Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
availability of taxis at rumah mode in the evening hours?

In the evenings, post 1700 hours, the road at Rumah Mode will be hit by heavy traffic and you can absolutely find zero taxis in the area. I called the cab companies to send a cab to Rumah Mode, but no return call was received. Taxis simply avoid the entire area during this time.

We were forced to take the Angkot, where we do not know at which point to alight to change to another one to get back to our hotel, lucky some passengers helped us.

Another time, after being stranded for almost 2 hours, we got so helpless that we tried to offer money to those private car owners to get their drivers to send us. But naturally people are apprehensive to any strangers. Some worst, probably from the big city, laughed at our helpless-ness.

I have read in the forum where it says taxi charges are so and so, to mean that taxis are easily available, but i never see it that way from my last 2 trips. Anyone out there experience the same thing? I would advise that if you plan to come to Rumah Mode in the evening, just know that its very hard to get cabs at such time.

Bandung Grand Mosque
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: availability of taxis at rumah mode in the evening hours?

i hv experienced the same on my last visit to rumah mode. i remember went there at around 6pm from sukajadi htl and came out at 7.30pm and as mentioned, taxi is close to zero. but we didn't wait long before deciding to board an angkutan. we took angkutan to god-knows-where, but when we finally reach a big road and trafic has eased, we stop at that area and later catch a taxi. i guess its best that way.

2. Re: availability of taxis at rumah mode in the evening hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 12, 2009