We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jakarta/Bandung January 2009

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kedah
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
jakarta/Bandung January 2009

i would like to share my experience when i went to both city last two weeks..we arrived at Jakarta around 1.00 pm then checked in with Hotel Plaza(cost:rp200,000/nite include breakfast, hot shower provide). As your information, Hotel Plaza near to ITC/WTC Mangga Dua and Ancol. The hotel was very clean and comfortable for hubby n me. We went to hot spot in Jakarta such as Tanah Abang (i like it..i like it!), Plaza Senayan, Plaza Indonesia and Sogo. Sorry to say but, i didn't find anything interesting for me in Mangga Dua (like Plaza Sungei Wang in K.L). After 2 days, we took train to Bandung that cost us rp40,000 per person (executive). i really recommended this executive section to whom interested travel by train. Our journey took 3 hours to arrived at Bandung. We have to walk for a while to find blue bird taxi where they were outside the station (main road). DON'T BOTHER THE PERSON WHO OFFER YOU THEIR SERVICE INSIDE THE STATION BECAUSE THEY WILL CHARGE YOU TRIPLE! In Bandung we checked in with Hotel Bukit Dago (Rp121,000/nite include breakfast, hot shower provide). This hotel near to FOs in Dago area. My hubby n i decided to take angkutan as our main transportation. Believe me, u can save your money on shopping more! We went every single fos in Bandung.. for me, the best was Rumah Mode (plus Factory Outlet too). For dining i suggested u go to kampung daun, rumah makan sari sunda and also bumbu desa. u wont regret! that's all.. enjoy you holiday!

Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

Could you kindly specify, which exactly Hotel Plaza this is? Cos i did some searches and found Hotel Crowne Plaze and there is also Hotel Kartika Plaza and so on.

If you could specify this will be great, thanks.

Kedah
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

hi..thanks for your attention. Hotel Plaza actually located in Harco Mangga Dua. The best thing is, try to search under "Hotel Plaza Harco Mangga Dua", Tel no is (021) 6122122. The hotel situated 5 mins walk to main road, +- 8 mins walk to wtc mangga dua. Believe me, all taxi know where's the hotel.

johor bahru
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

hi mrs pink.. just wanna know,do we need to take Angkutan from Hotel Bukit Dago to Rumah Mode? Me & my friend planning to shop at Rumah Dago, FOs around Dago area & Pasar Baru. So what is your advice for transportation from Dago to Pasar Baru.

Kedah
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

hi rosni..

from hotel bukit dago to rumah mode, u have to take 2 angkutan..means, from hotel bukit dago to jl. dago and jl.dago to rumah mode. it will cost u rp2000/ride/person. if u and ur friends more than 4 people, better u take blue bird taxi. By the way they (angkutan driver n passengger) really helps you. just mention where u want to go, they will tell u the access.

Kuala Lumpur
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

Hi,

Just wondering whether the rate you got at Plaza Hotel was an internet rate or you walked-in? That's cheap !! The hotel that you stayed in Bandung, also cheap!! So far, i never come across room rate below rp300,000. We'll be going to Bandung & Jakarta end of Feb. Basically, we've finalised our hotels in Jakarta and Bandung. Later, i'll share 'bout our trip :)

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
821 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

if you need to see hotels below Rph 300k u can look in this site, there is a whole list for you to compare;

http://hotels.total.or.id/Bandung_rate.php

Kedah
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

hello...

what I'd did, i called the hotel to confirm our room. then, finally u can asked about the price. u'll find out that booked by phone cheaper than internet rate. trust me.

Kota Bharu...
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

did you book the Hotel Plaza online?

Kota Bharu...
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

How did you book the hotel, is it online or thru the agent?l will be in jakarta come May 09 and lm not sure about the accomodation yet.Tq

Kota kinabalu,sabah
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: jakarta/Bandung January 2009

hi, in ur pint of view which place are better, jakarta or bandung? advice me tq..