We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming To Bandung... Soon

Kuala Lumpur...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coming To Bandung... Soon

I will be in Bandung on 23rd Jan till 27th Jan with my family. Tentatively, we will stay at Novotel Hotel. But my dad prefer we stay at Grand Atilla Hotel. So my first question, which hotel do you all suggest?

We already chartered a 'driver' to visit places and shopping. Hmm... I better list down my questions:-

1. Is it really cheap to buy jeans? I mean to compare it with the price in Msia?

2. Give me your recommended place to eat (muslim food).

3. Is it really cold there?

I'm not going to depends on my dad for taking us visiting places in Bandung. He've been to Bandung many times for business purposes, but not leasure. So I need to know where to go on our 1st day till the last day. I bring along my 2yrs old little boy, so it must be a convinient trip for him as well.

putrajaya malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

hello again,

can anyone please help me on bumi sawunggaling hotel? seeing from the address, its in jl sawunggaling, but i have no idea where it is.

i read it somewhere that the offer a good SPA. since i m still in 'hotel hunting', no confirmation yet, issit ok if we stay in sawunggaling? location wise?

near FO, pasar baroe or any happenin mall?

tq

putrajaya malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

dear all,

i have searched for this hotel and found out a few explanation abt it also on this trip advisor. sorry

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
821 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

the spa is not a full blown one, it is a converted room. You can also call the masseur to yr room. Price is not too bad

Nearest FO is DSE,and also try to walk down to Trunojoyo area, many distros there

PJ, M'sia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

Hi Haznie,

I was in Bandung from 3rd Jan to 8th Jan 2009. And to answer your number 3 question, it was quite hot during the day compared to when I went there in July 2008. And at night it was quite chilly. The day we departed from Bandung, it was raining but it wasn't heavy.

According to a local guy whom we met at Rumah Ebo (where we stayed), Bandung is normally hot early of the year, cold middle of the year, and rainy end of the year.

Hope that helps.

yogyakarta
9 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

PACKAGE (01) ONE DAY BOROBUDUR - PRAMBANAN TOUR

http://javatrips.blogspot.com/

For yo who bussiness trip to Indonesia,while in jakarta in betwen yur twight agenda you may steal to visit Yogyakarta for one day tour(maybe just about 10 hours).

Or maybe you are in Bali with complete stay package,

you may slip out to Yogyakarta for one day.

Itinerary:

.On arrival to the airport of Yogyakarta,met by our

reprecentative than directly to Borobudur temple,one of the word wonder.

The temple is made of andesite stone,it consist of ten teracces each smaller than the one

bellow,rising up to the Great Stupa.

.Mendut temple,the temple part of Borobudur

.Lunch to provided at Restaurant

.Afternoon,drive trough to the city tour of Yogyakarta,

Than to Prambanan temple,the beautiful Hindus temple .

.In time return to Airport

Remarks:

.This itinerary is suitable for traveller who arrives in the morning,take

this one day tour than drop off your place (of your own arrangement)

.Minimum traveler are 2 ( two) persons

Price:

pax .............Price/pax (In Rupiah)

2-4 ...........IDR. 536.000

5-9 ...........IDR. 411.000

10-20 ......IDR. 386.000

21-30 ......IDR 372.000

31-UP .... IDR 336.000

Price inclucive of :

.Entrance fee

.Private Air-conditional car

.Lunch at restourant

.Parking area fee

.1 (one) mineral water 600 ml

Price Exclucive of :

.Airport tax

.All personal Expenses

.Any other optional tour ,which do not,specified at in itinerary

.Gratuities and tips for driver and local tour guide

.excess baggage charges

Kuala Lumpur...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

After referring from one report to other reports, I was wondering what will be your total RM spend in Bandung? From the sound of it, prety much we will spend about RM1,000 - RM2,000. Hm.... i guess its all depend on where and how are we gonna spend it, right?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

so you are going to be in Bandung at the same time with me. I am leaving Saturday and coming back Tuesday (mnorning flight QZ).

My second time there actually..

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

The Bumi Sawunggaling is a very stylish and atmospheric boutique Hotel. It is located in a leafy side road about 2 minutes walk to the main Dago Road. And yes, you can walk to the Dago main drag with its FOs and restaurants.

It does not have a great spa though. My favourite is the DaVinci Day Spa at Jalan Braga in the modern shopping centre called Braga Citywalk. USD 20 buys you 2 hours of pure heaven.

Best eats at Sapu Lidi or Ma'Uneh. Both serve excellent Sudanese food and are in Jln Setiabudhi.

My favourite FO is the Rumah Mode in Setiabudhi. And it is only a 5 min walk from the Setiabudhi Apt. Do note that the 3 bedrooms in the Apt are quite small.

Kuala Lumpur...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

BoyMelayu? Where were you? My seat was at row 5.

Ok, this is my report on my trip to Bandung (23rd -27th Jan). My dad already 'kawtim' with the travel agency to include our lunch and dinner FOC.

1st Day:

We had lunch at this... sunda restaurant. Great meal. Then proceed to CIWALK for window shopping. I bought some fruits and ice cream. At about 2pm, we headed to Novotel Hotel. Since we wil be staying at Executive Suite, the hospitality was superb! Free drinks while waiting for our check-in. The room was clean, smells good and spacious. At about 7pm, we went to Linsung Cafe on the mountain side. Great view of Bandung, and a band wit good music and Indonesian song. And yes, it was raining.

2nd Day:

After breakfast, went to Tangkhuban Perahu. Lite rain and 'macet'. A bit cold and cloudy; cant see the crater much. We were surrounded by 'thousand of tukang jual' up there. Then proceed to Sari Ater hot spring. Had a very refreshing moment there. Then we had dinner at Dapur Sangkuriang, Jln Setiabudi. Again Sunda food. Apart from the delicious meal, I bought nasi and lauk for my little boy at about Rp63,813.

Then we went to Toko Tiga. I bought 5 t-shirts, 1 Levis for me and 1 Lee Cooper for my wife, all at about (Rp925 260). That was cheap! At 5pm, we headed back to hotel. Dinner at 7pm at Simpang Raya Nasi Padang which later on my parents sakit perut.

3rd Day:

Heavy shopping day at Pasar Baru! We begin at 9am and end up at 12pm. I did not bought anything, but my wife 'sambar' 3 pairs of kain lace (baju kurung) at Chandini Level 3(good attendance), 2 bed sheets, 2 telekung and other stuffs. Very crowded and hot. Pity for my little boy. Since we already had 3 sunda meals before, I suggested we went to Hartz Chicken for our lunch this time.

After lunch, we went to DIAZ (leather bag and shoes). My wife bought her things at only Rp1.5 mil. Cant remember where we had our dinner at.

4rd Day:

Its Pasar Baru shopping again. We begin earlier this time (8.30am). My mom and my wife needed to buy some extra things here. I bought some kerepek and kacang at only Rp 120 000. The pisang salai is delicious. Today we had lunch at Pizza Hut. Then went to Toko Tiga again for a short drop. I bought Executive Jacket, jeans for my bro in law, and t-shirt. All only at about Rp815 920. Then we went to Kartika Sari to buy some cookies and kuih. After that, we went to Jln Cihampelas to buy some Bandung T-Shirts, jacket and jeans with a cheaper price. Tonite, we only had our dinner at the hotel. Buffet for 4 adults was only about Rp720 000.

5th Day:

Went to airport at 9am. Relax in the Executive Lounge. And I gonna miss Bandung...

The trip was great, food was very nice and the hotel was good. We started with 4 luggage and end up to 7! Bring along your Aqua when shopping. Put your wallet in front. Need to be very patient with the penjual at Tangkhuban Perahu. You can get an ori 501 Levis jean at RM170.

30. Re: Coming To Bandung... Soon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bandung