We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KL
12 posts
Save Topic
Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Hi,

I've read most of the forums regarding hotels and they have been very helpful..surf to all the websites given..but i still need help.. I will be travelling to Bandung in April 2009. There will be 4 adults and 2 children (3 yrs & 9mth old).

I need a hotel that can accomodate all of us in 1 room preferrably. Therefore I am looking for a place that charges on a nightly basis, not per pax.

Requirements for hotel includes:

1) Doorstep/walking distance to FOs.

Since bringing kids, we need to stay nearby for quicktrips to and fro hotel and FOs, also when they are having naps, we can just run down to the FOs :P So it has to be near FOs (riau or dago better?). We can use taxi to travel to Rumah Mode/Pasar Baru since i read that they are a bit further, so this is reserved for second day when we'll be using transportation.

2) 2 double beds is preferrable, otherwise we can just use sleeping bags.. So cleanliness is a must.

3) Budget is around IDR500K max per night (1 room for 4pax), cheaper is better.

The more i read, the more i become confused by all the hotels..Grand Serela sounds ok? but how near is it? But my main concern is the rate -per night (no matter how many people)or per head-they might charge extra for the extra person. Would like to stay near to FOs in Riau/Dago.

So could anyone suggest any decent hotels? hotel that doesnt care how many people to a room is better.

Thanks a lot.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

1/ all rates are room/night. But standard room accommodates up to 2 adults and 1 child (or child + infant). Some hotels are very strict with this rule. If your rate includes brekky usually upon check-in you are provided with the meal vouchers the number of which is two per room - you can not bring all your relatives along. Any additional breakfast will be charged.

2/ In your case I would recommend connected rooms or family suite as far as room for 4 adults+kids is smth rare. If you look at Garand Serela (walking distance to the sea of FO) , your choice is good. But standard rooms there are relatively small (although very nice) and accommodation of 4 people is out of the question. I DO NOT think ANY hotel will allow you to have sleeping bags and the rest. Everyone understands what your intentions are if you bring your own sleeping facility to the hotel.

3/ Any hotel has rooms with twin bed sleeping configuration.

4/ Any hotel can offer you baby sitting service on request.

5/ Every hotel cares how many persons there are in the room. That is their business, responsibility and money.

KL
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

sorry, maybe i did not make myself clear.

any room/suite/apt/whatever u might call it that can accommodate 4pax. within the budget stated (not the standard/deluxe room that has max triple occupancy).

and yes, i have travelled to various places around the world, and am well aware of all the things you mentioned schonefeld, thanks. very funny to bring all your realtives along for that buffet breakfast eh? :P

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Contact Grand Serela and ask if they have

1/ connection rooms

2/ family suite?????????????

As for quality-location-cleanness-convenience - they are the best. Rate as well.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Hotel nearby FO puts a high room rate.

>IDR500K per room of 2pax.

Belowmentioned are tough <1000K for 4pax.

Grand Serela Hotel - Grand/Duplex Room

Progo Hotel - Family Room

Gandasari Hotel - Alamanda Room

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
821 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Can try Rumah Ebo.. and REtanata guest house. Ask for family room - can fit 2 adults and 2-3 children

KL
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Thanks guys.

Currently waiting feedback from Grand Serela, Gandasari, Rumah Ebo. couldnt find any contacts for Progo. Reason i wanted family room is i figured that would be cheaper than getting 2 separate rooms..

another question that i can't find the answer in the forum.. the Jl. Riau FOs and Jl. Dago FOs... given an option, which is better.. you may say they are different etc and the list of FOs boggles my mind.....but lets say if one had limited time and had to choose only 1 area...which one would that be? (looking for womens, mens, kids stuff)

and can we just walk between the FOs between riau/dago without taking any taxis/angkutan?

i can't find any location maps for FOs/hotels in Bandung. the google map doesn't help at all. All other tourists spots have them (i.e. Asutralia, New Zealand, Thailand...even Jakarta) therefore its hard to imagine how near the places are, what surrounds the hotels etc.. sure, there are maps of the roads and some hotels.. but thats about it.. a suggestion.. maybe some expert could put together something..or maybe there already is that i dont know of..

sorry so many questions.. been following this Bandung forum for a month now,and endless surfing about Bandung..but still got questions. hahaha thanks for bearing with me.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Hi, molly997

I would not say that FO on Riau and Dago are different. They have mostly the same assortment and quality. Of course every FO is a treasure chest where you can find smth exclusive and unique but in majority they sell similar staff. If for convenience I would say Jl. Riau (on new maps Jl. Martadinata)is (slightly) better, FO are packed closely to each other and almost opposite Garand Serela. Men`s, women`s, kids` - all there.

As for blue jeans - Jl. Cihampelas is still unbeatable.

Also if you care try FO Merdeka on jl. Merdeka (5 min drive from Grand Serela) - 3 floors of very fine clothes for all sexes and ages.

You ask about google navigation map? Yes you are right, it is obscure and incomprehensible for Bandung area. TRUE. Most marks left by some playing teenagers it seems - for I saw a lot of places marked like *this is my neighbor`s house Ibu Ani* or *I like pisang goreng*. None cared to put FO on the map may be because for the majority of Bandung visitors see the city as terra incognita and fancy to explore it on their own without maps and navigation signs.

Villeneuve-la-Garenn...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Hi molly

far as i know, Dago has more FOs than Riau. although it will be very hectic at weekend. TOTALLY HECTIC. but if you prefer to walk form one to another FOs, i suggest Dago than Riau. Dago street provides more decent sidewalk than Riau. and aswell you might wanna try some of the cafes and local restaurant along the street.

Have you try Patrajasa Hotel? it is right at Dago street. But i don't really know the rates there. so sorry.

there are not much different between the FOs at Dago and Riau, but if you looking for a specific chinese stuff, there's China Emporium at Riau. the rest are mostly the same.

bandung
Level Contributor
209 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

hi,

i have litle mini map of dago area, you can pm me later

KL
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help on Hotel-Rates per head/per night??

Thanks all. I read someone made a bad review on Patrajasa hotel. is it that bad?

they are a lot cheaper than Grand Serela.. Is it walking distance too? So Dago has more bigger/betters FOs than Riau yeah?

Something of concern: Read that we have to leave our belongings outside upon entering the shops?? What about stroller/baby bags etc? that too?