We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Jakarta to Bandung: Advice please..

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Jakarta to Bandung: Advice please..

Hi all..

Me & family ( 6 of us, elderly parents included) will be going to Bandung next year, January. Though it seems so far away now,i would like to start making plans ahead of time since it will be my first trip to bandung. Our primary focus is sightseeing and shopping is secondary. Below are basically my itinerary:

1. Arrive at Jakarta Airport and straight transfer to Puncak.

- tour to Safari Park

- overnignt at Puncak

2. Checkout Puncak and transfer to Bandung (3D/2N)

- Bandung city tour

3. Southern Bandung Tour (Day Trip)

Please advice on the best mode of transportation. Still confuse over whether:

a. rent tranport (prearranged b4 departure) for the whole trip (start form pickup at Jakarta Airport) or..

b. rent transport at jakarta airport and hotel as and when needed.

Can anybody advice???

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Jakarta to Bandung: Advice please..

jayda71: If the transport is coming from Bandung, most of them will request downpayment as the fuel and tol charges. My last experience from Jakarta to Bandung quite tiring as my arriving flight was around 22:00 but flight had delayed and last we arrived 01:00. I did survey the cost it should be around Rp650,000 ~ Rp850,000 depends what type of transport they used. If 6 of you it should be van or Innova.

2. Re: Transportation from Jakarta to Bandung: Advice please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 04, 2009