We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

KL
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

Would like to know is it recommended to go on our own to visit Tangkuban Perahu or to join a day tour?

What is the tour price like? Entrance to the volcano for foreigners?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

Hi KK

Please be warned not to make use of the service of the guide at Tangkuban Prahu.

Visitor reported of high Rupiah ripped off and nothing much can be done due to high handed "tout"

There is no official rate but you also can walk (DIY)to the site w/o guide.

Entrance fee is fixed for foreigner and local,tickets will be issued (can be manipulated)

PJ
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

hi KK0507,

Well, I went to Tangkuban(TP) 22/3 recently. I enggaged a driver that brought us up there @ RP500,000. The entrance fee charged was local rate@RP12,000 perperson(no ticket was issued).

On your way there, you shld also go to Kampong Daun, nice place for lunch and after you have visited TP, shld also drop by Ciater Hots Spring... nice one indeed, should bring your swim trunk/suit.

No worries, you can definately get pretty much infor in this forum.. there r much scary remarks abt the TP's local people selling stuff and people being conned; i did not have such problem as I just ignored them, they are not that bad, just be careful.

Hope u have a good trip :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

Hi;

Went to T.Perahu on the 12th April. My trip was under a package tour and I don't have a problem with guide. It's just that when you reach at the area, please be prepared because there are lot of sellers that will come forward to you and asking you to buy souvenirs from them. The tips - don't promised them to come later because they will follow you up to your vehicle and asking you to buy before you leaving the place. Just politely said 'no'.

kajang
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

Yes.. they are quite disturbing. I cannot exactly absorb the scenery there.

my advise, DO NOT buy anything from the sellers there. just say NO.

5. Re: Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 25, 2009