We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandung to yogya

sg
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Bandung to yogya

Hi guys need some insight. I will be spending 4 days in bandung. How long does it take to get to yogya from bandung by car or train?Is it feasible to plan just a day trip up to yogya? If so how much does it cost to hire a driver to bring us to yogya and back?

Currently us GUYS plan to sightsee/shop during the day and spend the nights drunk. Any good disco/pubs we should not miss?

Bandung
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandung to yogya

Hi,

From bandung to yogya by train takes about 8 hours, and of course takes longer by car. You can decide whether it is feasible or not ;)

If you want to do a short trip to yogya, IMO the only alternative is by plane, but it'd be too costly for a 1 or 2 days trip.

As for disco/pubs, I can't recommend anything since I'm not familiar with Bandung's night life.

sg
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandung to yogya

Ya need to add is it peak period during end feb coz we plan to find rooms only upon reaching there.

Bandung
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandung to yogya

End of february is not peak period. But be reminded that throughout the year ppl from Jakarta & other part of Indo visit bandung during weekend, so there might be few hotels already full on weekend. But in general you shouldn't get any problem getting rooms.

shah alam
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandung to yogya

i heard that the bandung-jogja route (airplane) is no longer availabe..

might want to consider jakarta-jogja?

sg
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandung to yogya

Its ok guys, will have to cancel the yogya trip since our first priority is bandung and getting to yogya will take up too much time, we only have 4 days.Thanks all.

Bandung
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bandung to yogya

It's too costly to go to Yogyakarta from Bandung by car. I recommend to go by train; I got following train schedule from infoka.kereta-api.com/cari/…

Argo Wilis Train

Executive Class Rp 155.000

Bandung-Yogyakarta 07:00-13:55

Lodaya

Executive Class Rp 150.000

Business Class Rp 90.000

Bandung-Yogyakarta 08:00-15:20

Bandung-Yogyakarta 20:00-03:27

Turangga

Bandung-Yogyakarta 19:00-02:05

Mutiara Selatan

Business Class Rp 110.000

Bandung-Yogyakarta 17:00-00:45

One day trip is feasible. Just take a night train from Bandung, you'll arrive early morning. You may catch sunrise in Borobudur, sightseeing until noon, and return to Bandung by another night train.

Bandung
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bandung to yogya

Sorry, I almost forgot to inform you train schedule from Yogya to Bandung.

Argo Wilis

Yogyakarta-Bandung 12:29-19:14

Lodaya

Executive Class Rp 150.000

Business Class Rp 90.000

Yogyakarta-Bandung 09:30-16:40

Yogyakarta-Bandung 21:30-04:54

Turangga

Yogyakarta-Bandung 23:10-06:19

Mutiara Selatan

Business Class Rp 110.000

Yogyakarta-Bandung 21:40-05:18

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bandung to yogya

my experience with indo train is : always late !

I advice you to spare some hours on late departure AND late arrival.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bandung to yogya

Last november I took Merpati Airlines from Bandung-Yogyakarta vv. Morning flight 6am.

Are you sure the route is terminated ?

bandung
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bandung to yogya

hii

By car from bandung to yogyakarta is arround 8 0r 9 hours and by train is arround 8 hours

if you want make trip from Bandung to Yogyakarta is POssible also.

the program is :

1. Bandung to Garut : you can visit to ( papandayan volcano, kamojang crater, beautiful terrace rice fild and Cipanas hotspring )

2. Garut to Wonosobo : you can visit to dieng plateu : this area you can to see : temple, crater and talaga warna lake )and beautiful panorama

3. Wonosobo to Yogyakarta : before go to yogyakarta you can to see Borobudur temple and mendut temple and after go to yogyakarta

4. Yogyakarta : you can visit to sultan palace, tamansari, silver factory, batik faktory, and ramayana balet

for disco and pub and drunk in bandung :

for drunk you can visit to braga area ( this area many bar and cafe : nothsea bar any live music, espreso bar )

and for disco you can visit to parangon in jl. sudirman and CEntral palace in jl braga

don't worry