We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Taman Safari from Bandung on Sunday

Kuala Lumpur
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling to Taman Safari from Bandung on Sunday

Hi forummers!

Hope you guys can help me with this. I will be in Bandung next week traveling with my wife.

Our flight out of Indonesia is from Jakarta 8 pm on Sunday. Since our flight is quite late, we plan to stop by Taman Safari while on our way from Bandung to Jakarta. We have already hired a car with driver for a whole day that day so we don't think this would be a problem.

My wife is a big fan of zoos... and I think this Taman Safari would a real treat for her. But then I come across one website that advised against traveling from Bandung to Taman Safari on a Sunday. This is because we will have to pass Punchak...and apparently the traffic there is very bad on a Sunday.

Is this true? Is this itinerary too ambitious? We would be happy enough if we can spend 3-4 hours at the Taman Safari...

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Taman Safari from Bandung on Sunday

You will be OK if you travel early from Bundung to Jakarta on Sunday but not the other way.

Traffic flow on Sunday will be bad from Jakarta to Bandung.

Give some extra time to cover up for the heavy traffic on Sunday

It is a very nice zoo not to be missed

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Taman Safari from Bandung on Sunday

Sunday afternoon is bad traffic from Taman Safari to Jakarta.

You better out of the Taman Safari maximum at 3 pm.

3. Re: Traveling to Taman Safari from Bandung on Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bandung