We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
4 posts
Save Topic
Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

I'm a woman from Malaysia, 29 yrs old, and will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008 with my husband, my 2 yrs old son, my parents and my father in law (all 3 of them are senior citizens)

My questions are:

1- How about 8-11 Jan 08 at Bandung? Is it public holiday / peak season at Bandung at that time? Can I just book the flight and just walk-in to any hotels at Bandung on the day I arrive?

2- I'm also looking at the possibility to stay either at Sukajadi Hotel / Mutiara Hotel since those are the only hotel offered under Air Asia package which suits my budget. What is the pros and cons of the 2 hotels? Since I'll go with 3 senior citizens, I plan to go to a hotel which is near to the restaurants/shopping area.

3- My mum is interested into textiles (baju kurung, telekung, tablecloth) & handbags (so do I) but all the other men (husband, father, Father-in-law) is more towards jeans, t-shirt . Where are the place should we go?

4- I've heard a lot about Bandung factory outlets. Which one is the highly recommended and must-go list?

5- I intend to hire a car with 'supir'. What is the daily rate for a car / van to accomodate 5 adult & 1 kid? How can I get the cheap hired car with a trusted supir? Is it available at the hotel?

6- Other than shopping, I also plan to go sightseeing. Other than Tangkuban perahu, what is the Bandung attractions? I'll be at Bandung for 4 days and 3 nights. What is the itinerary recommended?

TQVM

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

1. not peak season so u can hop any hotels

2. if u dare to hop, why not try other hotels ?

3. pasar baru + cihampelas street (for better qualitiy there r some specialty shops)

4. rumah mode, blossoms, heritage, stamp

5. IDR350k/day ... contact Mr Opie / Mr Tommy... i will PM u the number.... hotel also offer rental car n u can compare the price by yourself

6. Day 1: arrive - check in hotel - lunch - shopping pasar baru - dinner - rest

Day 2 : breakfast - trip to north bandung incl nurseries + tangkuban perahu + ciater hotspring - rest

Day 3 : shop til u drop

Day 4 : breakfast - end

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

If u had time, u might want to visit Saung Udjo to enjoy traditional performances of West Java. Senior people will enjoy it mostly.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

mr opie's no 00628122157528 if he is not around u can call and arrange with his wife ms ine..about hotel also they can arrange for you

for baju kurung / kebaya and other material u must spend one day to Pasar Baru very big with 5 to 6floor if im not mistaken....than only u can enjoy shopping there...

for Fo's i think the best i can recommended thru my xperience (august 2007)is rumah mode, oasis and heritage..the price is quite reasonable.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

forgot to add about mr.opie. as bandung man said 350k/day is included everything i.e supir, guide car n gasoline but IT IS ONLY FOR MAXIMUM for 4 PAX. only.....IF MORE THAN 4 PAX THE CHARGES IS DIFFERENT..u can deal with him.. i can guarantee u with his service..

kl
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

Hi,

My situation is similar to imancomel, travelling in group of 5 adults and a kid (my elderly parents, bro, sis and my 5 year old daughter).

I will be in Jakarta 1-3 Dec 2007, then 4-6 in Bandung before returning back to Jakarta on the 7th.

My main concern is how best to hire a reliable driver for the 5 of us, taking us from Jakarta-Bandung-Jakarta, or will it be better to hire different ones in Jakarta and Bandung. And i am not quite sure what type of vehicle could accommodate 5 adults +a child, not inclusive of the driver.

Please advise; thank you very much

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

try to deal with opie.i trust he can arrange for you..about the vehicle for 5 person i can guarantee you can satisfy with it as it is a new van quite big van..

7. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:45 am, November 26, 2007
8. Re: Will go to Bandung on 8 - 11 January 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 13, 2009