We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

just came back from bandung last wednesday i.e on the 8th august 2007..

bandung was a great place to visit. so , 3 of us together..we have no problem in trasport becoz we hired a car as well as a guide. on 2nd day we visited tangkuban perahu...it was great..nice scenery...

just wanna remind u..if u need a guide in tangkuban perahu it self do ask them first how much should you pay..like us we felt that we got cheated by the guide by the name of rahmat..he charged us idr200/person for 2hours and asked for idr 50 for his tips..this is crazy...i told my existing guide mr opie local indonesian he was shocked about the price...

if u don want to pay anything in tangkuban..just take a picture on the top of the mountain..u don have to go down to see the active valcano...

if ur going to bandung and need a car rental as well as guide and driver u i can recommend you my existing guide

Kuala Lumpur
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

Hi,

my name is Noorul. I am going to Bandung on 31st Dec with my family. Is the driver that u hired ok? If that so, please let me have the contact, so that i can get him once i am there. What about the fee? It is ok too?

Regards

Noorul

email : casna64@yahoo.com

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

Hi all,

shikin (d-irfan72) hired Mr Opie.

contact him at +62-22-917 55557

He speaks English / Dutch.

But if u need a guide with English / Chinese language, can contact Mr Tommy at +62-22-91374087.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

hai NOorul, bandung man has given u mr opie's hp right...if u cannot get him u can call his wife' by the name ine.00628122157528

about his service i can guarantee u..about the fee it is very reasonable.everything included gasoline,supir n guide..u can try to call him/her and make an arrangement with them...but please confirm and give him ur contact no becoz they have been cheated by 3 of the guest who promise to come but they didn't come and waited few hours in the airport.pity them too.

so noorul try to call him what i can tell u they are great guide i've ever met....

4. Re: beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:50 pm, November 20, 2007
selangor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

Hi,I've read yur request in the forum and also stated that you've been to bandung last august.so did you get assisted by mr opie?how long have you been there?can you share your journey with me because i want to plan for how many days that I should spend with my family there because we want to shopping plus visiting interesting places.me my wife and 1 year old kid.my idea is to stay at the hotel nearby the fo and get around bandung's interesting places with mr opie.so where did mr opie took you last time?

6. Re: beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:26 am, May 10, 2008
7. Re: beware of guide in tangkuban perahu

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 28, 2009