We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangkuban Perahu

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KL
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Tangkuban Perahu

Hi,

How do you get to tangkuban Perahu ? Is there a tour you take or just hop on to a taxi to get there?

I read it's an hours trip from Bandung town. Anything to see around there ?

Any tips , suggestion and help will be highly appreciated.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

We hire a taxi(van) to get to the site cos not very popular with the local,

Anyway there is public transport but not so convinence.

1)Dormant volcanoes 2)lake inside volcanoes 3)Very hot spring(temp enough to boil egg.4)sourvenier stall

There is also a private park ,hot spring pool at CIATUR quite close by but need to pay to get inside the pool,do not forget to bring along swimsuit

KL
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

thank you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

just like to add some more...

leopang is correct but try to visit the strawberry field and the white crater.

also the papandayan vulcano that is the active vucano is 100km from bandung and the last eruption in 2000

KL
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

How far is the walk to the crete? Is it a difficult walk ?

We were advice not to walk down to the crete as the local harress you to buy stuff ? Is it true ?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

i was thinking you dont know anything about the seller problem in tangkuban perahu.

if you go by car from the enterance the car will go straight to near by the crater and if you like to go to the another crater isf i dont made mistake with the name that crater name is domas crater,

usually many rangers will offer you to guide them to that place,if you go to domas cratr you will pass the tea plantation and end up down near by the higway you can tell the driver to wait you there.

normal price for guideing is Rp.50.000 for 2 person ,but you still can do it by your own way just follow the path and you get to the higway.

ignore the seller that the best.......

by the way enterance is Rp.35.000 that is what i can remember.

6. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:28 am, June 27, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

I think the authority or at least the keeper of that area need to do something about the sellesr. From the moment you park your car, these sellers will keep bugging you with their items. Try to not looking at all at their item as a glimp will indicate that you are interested and endding up that you will have to endure them for the rest of your period at the crater. Me and my family have a tough time ignoring them. As a result we do not really enjoy the scenic view of the crater. We just walk around for few minutes followed closely by these "mobs" and back to the car.

p/s

Their quoted price on the item is ridiculous exhorbitant. 5/6 x more than the usual. However, you can bargain but be prepared for the "tsunami" by other sellers too.

KL
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

Thank you all for your feedback/ advice.

bandung
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

Hi

I want to know the taxi price from Jalan Dago to Tangkuban Perahu. Anybody knows the price...?

Thank you very much

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
939 posts
1,011 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tangkuban Perahu

I paid 200,000rp for a return trip with 1 hour waiting time last month.