We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking/eating tour

Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
84 reviews
Walking/eating tour

Is it possible to find someone who will give a walking/eating tour? I read that Cibadak Street is good for street food but I would welcome any other areas too. I realize that it's possible to do this without a guide but I've done food tours in many cities and always find them fun and helpful.

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
34 posts
1. Re: Walking/eating tour

Hi Susah. If you want to enjoy indonesian food. There are several places. There are many indonesian street food in Dipati Ukur area. Another one is Geger Kalong area. Higher place is punclut area and you can see bandung city light at night from there. Nice and fancy restaurant usually located in Dago Area

Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: Walking/eating tour

Thank you for the suggestions.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
3. Re: Walking/eating tour

note: food here is a bit dangerous for foreigner. so you must choose street food carefully.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
866 reviews
4. Re: Walking/eating tour

Agree with Cakur, eating street food can be a little risky as many places are not always hygienic. It's not as safe as say eating street food in Singapore or Malaysia. There is actually good street food everywhere in Bandung so it's a bit difficult to give recommendations. In the evenings from 5pm or 6pm stalls seem to be set up all over the city selling all types of food.

you will find great nasi uuduk and sate in the evenings, and I often buy nasi kuning in the morning. Food generally is not expensive in Indonesia so I would recommend eating nasi campur and Sundanese food and nasi Padang in small restaurants here.

Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: Walking/eating tour

Thanks for the information.

Reply to: Walking/eating tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bandung