We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim card purchase and registration

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Sim card purchase and registration

Hi guys, i am travelling to Bandung on 19th of Sept.

I am researching about Sim card to buy which is quite straight forward but as i understand foreigners now need to register their sim card and i read it may take hours for the proccess? This worries me.

Can the registration be done at the Bandung airport too? Any booth ?

For brand, i read Telkomsel is the best and i am most likely getting that. Also as i am travelling to Jakarta too on Saturday does that means i need to get the "Flash Data" ?

Thank you in advance.

1 reply
Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
594 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Sim card purchase and registration

Not foreigners only, all users have to be registered. Vendors can be found anywhere, maybe also near your hotel too. If they can register you, it is ok, but if not, you can go to Gallery Telkomsel. Gallery Telkomsel in a mall open from 10:00am till 20:00pm everyday. Gallery maybe busy or not depends on the location. Gallery in Dago/Juanda street Number 8 near intersection with Riau/Martadinata street usually unbusy. Whereas Gallery in Dago/Juanda street number 252 near intersection with Dipati Ukur street is open for 24 hours.

Reply to: Sim card purchase and registration
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bandung