We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.

Hello, so I am a female and will be travelling solo to Bandung in the next few weeks time. I am planning to visit the floating market at Lembang, so I am looking for the cheap but safe alternatives to reach there. Some of my friends suggested hiring a driver(supir?) but since I am travelling alone so it might be a costly. If anyone ever tried Uber/Grab/public transportations, can u please share your experience (including the costs if possible).Thanks in advance!

p/s: I am planning to visit on weekdays but not going to spend overnight there.

5 replies to this topic
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.

only floating market ? really ?

there is publis transport passing floating market. can take from city. but also must be careful.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.

Uber/Grab is reliable and more comfortable, although you may pay more (Rp50-60k or more in peak hours). I don't recommend taking public transport though.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.

yes, only floating market as I will only be there for 3 days so I think I am gonna spend most of trip around the city. Thanks for your advice!

Edited: 7:24 am, November 19, 2017
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.

Hello

Floating market in BDG is an artificial point of interest, it has no cultural/ historical/ traditional significance. You can skip it with confidence.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,228 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.

The floating market in Lembang is totally overrated. It's nothing like the floating market in Bangkok so don't expect anything interesting to see. Lembang itself is famous for it's milk and crispy deep fried tofu, but I wouldn't waste time on the floating market. Also, the traffic jams along that road are horrific on weekends and holiday periods.

Reply to: Cheap and safe alternatives to Floating Market Lembang.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted