We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

During my upcoming trip to Bandung, I plan to go to Taman Safari as part of my ittenary.

How long it takes to reach there from Bandung?

Any other advices are appreciated.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Bundung to Bogor where Taman Safari is situated is abourt 3 hours,

by road,

Take a rest and enjoy your Tea and the cooling enviroment at Punchak along the way to Bogor.

Ensure the tigers are well fed before you enter into the tiger enclosure at the safari.

We,TA members would not like to see you end up for lunch to the hungry Tigers. You know Malaysian are well fed and very tasty. HaHaHaHa

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

hi sdin,

As I promised you, I'm getting back to you now. As I didn't receive the details on your arrival in Indonesia, is it in Bandung or Jakarta, but I'll give you an idea if supposed you will arrive in Jakarta at the morning, then you'll have enough time to go directly to Bandung from Soekarno-Hatta airport by car thru Puncak, you may visit en-route: Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Bogor Botanical Garden, and Taman Safari. Overnight in Bandung hotel. Day 2: Have a great shopping at Factory Outlets and Jeans Street at Cihampelas. Day 3: Visit Tangkuban Perahu volcano, Hot Spring water at Ciateur, en-route short visit at Pinus forest and tea plantation.

Day 4: return to Jakarta for your flight to Malaysia.

Rgds,

marala

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Thanks leopang,

Wow 3 hrs drive. Seems like it will take me 1 day of my Bandung vacation. Since, my friend who hjust came back from Jakarta/Bandung trip keep reccomending this Taman SAfari, what the heck, I will give it a shot.

Have you been there too? Whats your opinion.

Marala,

My arrival and departure airport is Hussein Sastranegara Bandung. I have reply to your mail for the details.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,839 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Hi, Sdin

Actually visiting Taman Safari is a wonderful idea, but if you are arrive and depart Indonesia via Bandung I can`t vouchsafe for it. It is quite OK from Jakarta via toll road (40 km to Ciawi), local route from Ciawi to Cisarua (30 km).

And if you start from Bandung be ready not for 3 hours (exellent traffic condition) but for 4-5. Because all the way is local route through villages, desas and small towns. No toll road between Bandung and Cisarua. So you see 5 hours there and 5 back - the decision is yours, but if I were you I would center my attention (being in Bandung) on local attractions and sightseeing. Tankubang Perahu, Ciater hot springs, Dago waterfall and shopping.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Thanks for the advice Schonefeld,

Maybe I should skip it as I'm bringging along my 4 kids with me. Travelling with them on 10 hrs journey (to and flo) via vlllage road in my opinion will be a nightmare.

Petaling Jaya...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Hi I am Kenneth and will be going to Bandung by Airasia this Sep.15th thru Sep 22nd (8 days) and my first trip with my wife and we are going on a tight budget. we intend to go from Bandung right up to Jakarta,kindly advice on B&B or Inn within the range of US20

I had been to Laos ,Cambodia and Vietnam, the hotels (Budget) are very cheap and it is less than US10. Likewise I expect Indonesia rate to be similar. My question is any train(s) plying the Bandung-Jakarta route and vice versa, if so, what is the fare like?What is the taxi fare like to take you for city tour(s)?

Is there any tourist information service available? this is to ensure that we won't be fleeced by unscrupulous taxi drivers or hotel roomsAppreciate very much if any of you guys can enlighten me.

Thanks a million

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,839 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Do you ask 20USD rate in Banung or Jakarta? But in both cases you WILL NOT get anything decent in this range (we are not Laos you know).

Kuala Lumpur
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Hi everyone..

I'm Azly, and like Cheong from PJ, will be going to bandung on the AirAsia offer.... the only difference is that I'll be going there next week, and I can't wait!! Wooohoooo!!

Anyway, reading through the earlier postings, there were recommendations on going to the 'Tangkubang Perahu Volcano' .

I'd appreciate some advice on:

1) how to get there?

2) how long will it take?

3) how much will it cost?

I plan to go with my wife(whose pregnant- 5 mths) and 3 year old son. Is the trip feasible? The last thing we want is to put a pregnant lady on a Camel-Throphy-Route..

Also, what's the weather like in Bandung? Should I be expecting something like Genting Highlands or Cameron Highlands?

Thank you in advance

Azly

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,839 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

Hi, Azly

1/ To get to Tankuban Perahu from Bandung you have to hire a car with driver from your hotel front desk (just explain to the reception what you need, they provide the rest). Usual price for this kind of service is 200.000-300,000 IDR.

2/ Actually it`s not far, some 20km from Bandung. The time you`ll spend depends on traffic conditions WITHIN the city. When you are off, it`s only 20 min. But could be an hour and a half to reach city limits.

3/ Entry ticket to the park is 30,000IDR/person unless they`ve got the idea you are not local.

4/ I am not sure it is a good idea to bring your pregnant wife to the volcano. First - altitude difference has a huge impact on blood pressure.

Second- rich sulfur smell everyhere, this may be very unpleasant for your wife.

Third -main view point is flat and has road access, but if you want to explore craters, surrounding area, handicraft market - this is more than camel riding fro your wife. If I were you I would consider carefully all things I`ve mentioned.

Kuala Lumpur
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Goint to Taman Safari Indonesia from Bandung

I cannot thank you enough for the feedback given...

I guess I will not be taking the family to the volcano area then... so more shopping and dinning time!

Again, thank you for the feed back.

Azly