We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud in January - Weather

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ubud in January - Weather

I am planning a surprise trip for my wife and I to Ubud, Bali this January. I am wondering how bad the rainey season is during that time of the year and what restrictions to your visit that brings. Are there any other disadvantages to traveling there during the off season?

I have been to Bali before but it was in May.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud in January - Weather

Hi, the disadvenatages are of course that you will get more rain. It is also very humid at this time. If you feel the heat and humidity it could ruin your holiday.

Having said that, I have spent a few months in Bali in January and it really is luck of the draw. One time I had one full day of rain but it rained a few afternoons. When it rains in Bali it often buckets down but usually only for an hour or so then the suns out again. Which is why it gets very steamy.

Ubud is a bit cooler than, say Kuta, but it can also experience more rain.

As with weather anywhere in the world, you can't predict it. But it IS the rainy season. Like all of the world there has been less rain in recent years. I remember early trips to Bali where road floods and torrential downpours were a common occurence. These are not as common nowadays.

You can do most things in the rain. Just buy a cheap umbrella (before it rains). The umbrella and poncho sellers apear from nowhere when it rains and it's hard to bargain when your getting drenched. LOL

Might see you there.

2. Re: Ubud in January - Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:56 am, November 11, 2006
3. Re: Ubud in January - Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, August 21, 2009