We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport to resort

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from airport to resort

Hi - can anyone recommend a good, safe driver with a reliable, air conditioned vehicle, who can pick us up from the airport and transport us to our resort in Ubud? If possible, we would use the same driver for a full days tour. How much should we expect to pay for (1) airport to Ubud, and (2) a full days tour around Ubud and surrounding areas.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport to resort

I would suggest it is easier to get a taxi from the airport to Ubud.

Taxis at the airport are fixed price.

You go to the taxi booth near exit of the airport building.

When in Ubud get a local driver.

They will know all the local spots better than any one.

There will be plenty standing on the streets asking if you want transport.

Select one you like the look of.

Agree on a price before you get in.

Expect to pay about 350 000Rp for 3 to 4 hours and 500 000Rp to 600 000Rp for a full day.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport to resort

I have been quoted A$50 by our Ubud resort to transport us from the airport to the resort - is this reasonable? I'm a bit concerned about getting a taxi from the airport, as I have memories of Phuket airport, where we saw a taxi speeding off with several passengers, and with 2 flat back tyres! I know we are talking about a different country, but I wonder about the quality of upkeep to taxis?!

Perth
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from airport to resort

Hello

I just had a look at the top right of this page for airport fares and it shows airport to Ubud as 250,000 (or about $25).

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from airport to resort

Too expensive! There are many honest,reliable drivers available for transport both transfers to/from the airport and for day trips as rarefossil says abobve

5. Re: Transport from airport to resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, January 05, 2014
Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from airport to resort

Hotels always charge far too much.

I know of hotels that charge guests 1 250 000Rp for a trip that drivers will do for 350 000Rp.

As mentioned the airport prices are very reasonable.

Most of the taxis are new or just a few years old.

Edited: 6:34 am, January 05, 2014
7. Re: Transport from airport to resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, January 09, 2014
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,074 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from airport to resort

The airport taxis in recent years have been very good..I've taken a couple in the past few months even though I own my own car and have drivers in Ubud. It's just convenient and fast..and I am not worrying about my driver getting anxious when the flight is overly delayed or whatever...

plus you will meet a LOT of drivers once you actuallly arrive in Ubud and can meet them in person and check out their car, personality, etc etc.

And yes, Indonesia is certainly a different country from Thailand...just because the two are SEA countries they are not the same! :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from airport to resort

I have never seen a taxi in poor condition and we have all been in plenty.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,074 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from airport to resort

Sangade; Sorry, you are not allowed to promote yourself or solicit business on TA forums.

However, your other non marketing contributions and posts are welcome!