We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver or Tour Recommendation

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Driver or Tour Recommendation

Hi All

We're going to Ubud end of November and would like to organise a day tour up to the north of bali, seeing the sights like GitGit Falls, go to Lovina, see Lake Bratan etc. Would anyone recommend a good driver who speaks good english and has good knowledge of those areas. Or if someone can recommend a good tour company.

Many thanks

Klara

Brisbane
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

Hi Klara,

After reading many posts on Bali drivers I have booked Kadek Suastika for one day next week. Read Karin C's report "off the tourist trail"and you will find his email address. Best of luck and hope you have a wonderful holiday, Jo

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

Hi Klara

I would be very happy to recommend our driver to you - there is a possibility that you used him last time you stayed in Penestanan at Villa M. We have known Yandira for 8 years and he calls us "family" - he is such a nice guy. His email is yandira77@yahoo.com and his phone number is +628123982871

He is utterly reliable, speaks good English and knows the "Jalan tikus" or small back roads.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

Here are my drivers details if interested

I have recently got back from Bali & over the last few trips have used a number of drivers some recommended on trip advisor the one I would recommend over all I have used is Made Chepot he has a new car & also has all the insurances & licences. He was absolutely amazing so personable & funny with excellent spoken english He is a husband & father with 2 children & I now class him as a friend. I have recommended him a lot lately on this forum & happy to say have received fantastic reports from those that chose to use his services. His prices were 300,000RP for 1/2 day & 500,000RP for a full day.

Tell him Jeanette & John sent you

Made Chepot

Ph. +6281 338 174 561

Email Mychepot@yahoo.com

Hobart
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

Tripadvisor used to have a recommended drivers list and I found Dewa Suryawan through that, I can't recommend him highly enough. We did a trip around Bali staying overnight at Lovina, he helped plan it and he knew the area well and stayed with us. http://balicarservice.com/me.htm

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

Kadek Suastika is indeed a very good driver.

His email address is: alungsuastika@gmail.com

I wrote a thread about my day tours with him in May: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297701-i8984-k6…

Pix are here: http://mizzkazza.wordpress.com/

Perth West Aus
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

Wayan Korja, his number +6236181338570273 , Local Ubud man, very knowledgeable, especially about finding materials and tailors, dressmakers. Saved me a bunch of time and money.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

Thanks, have taken down all the details of all recommended and will be in touch.

Thanks Jan J - we wanted to book Villa Mimpi again for our trip again but it was already booked out. Might have to book in early now for next year! lol :-)

8. Re: Driver or Tour Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 18, 2014