We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teja Homestay or Kamandhani Cottage or Sri Ratih Cottage

virignia
Level Contributor
21 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Teja Homestay or Kamandhani Cottage or Sri Ratih Cottage

Hi, I am planning a trip with my parents to Bali, since my parents are in their 70s, finding accommodations that require minimum walking, easy walk to shops and food are upmost important. We will hire a car for daytime activities, so just need a central hotel for dinner, shopping etc.

I have narrowed the choices down to three, but I am having difficulty determine which one is more central, any advice?

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teja Homestay or Kamandhani Cottage or Sri Ratih Cottage

I can tell you that Sri Ratih is not in the centre of Ubud town, it is to the north in the village of Penestanan, However, it has been newly renovated and I believe it is quite comfortable. I don't know the other two places you mention.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,076 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teja Homestay or Kamandhani Cottage or Sri Ratih Cottage

I just want to mention that the sidewalks are in really bad condition...large holes and weird slopes, motorbikes blocking the path, weird access paths, etc are common , and I do see people often falling down...including myself a few times. I almost think it's better for you to stay a littel outside of the downtown area ...not just because it's a lot nicer, but because you will be taking more cars and keep off those potentially less than comfortable paths.

That said, I have never heard of the other two places either...there are just so many places and more popping up every day...If your main criteria is that the hotel must be "central" - meaning possibly downtown ubud...Teja homestay would be closer to Monkey Forest Road, since it is on Hanoman. Do get a map, even if it's just google earth, so you get a feel for what Ubud looks like. I have terrible internet connections so I can't get these sites to open to help you more, sorry! (Ubud life)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teja Homestay or Kamandhani Cottage or Sri Ratih Cottage

Ubud footpaths are less than 'user friendly' I am afraid. Sri bungalows, adi cottages is what I would call 'central' and reasonably flat with plenty to stroll to.

cinta grill and inn has some new rooms in this same area too.

Take a torch and be careful getting around due to the bad footpaths.

Sanur is a good option to stay with better footpaths that are much easier to negotiate.

virignia
Level Contributor
21 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teja Homestay or Kamandhani Cottage or Sri Ratih Cottage

Yes, the unknown stairs and bad sidewalk is a concern, we will stay in Penestanan and take taxi into town.

Thanks for all the feedback!

5. Re: Teja Homestay or Kamandhani Cottage or Sri Ratih Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 16, 2014