We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud at night

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ubud at night

I have been to Ubud on many occasion for day trips. and its really busy during the day does it change after dark and become more relaxed after the day visitors have left??? If so what is there to do at night I don't mean night clubs there is 9 of us all {young} middle aged who like a good time somewhere to eat and have a few drinks I am looking forward to seeing if Ubud is different at night

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,005 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud at night

Hi,

Ubud is much different past 5 PM when all the day visitors are gone. There are lots of restaurants at every price point, quite a few places with music. I like Jazz cafe (they have a website with upcoming events) but there are many more.

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
457 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud at night

Hi Keefster

I'll kick this off for you. Yes Ubud does quieten down at night but there are still plenty of great places to eat and a good variety of entertainment on offer:

Here are a couple of suggestions to get you started:

Café Pomegranate: tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g297701…

Sari Organik: tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g297701…

XL Shisha Lounge: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d…

Jazz Club: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d…

The Cillout Lounge: tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g297701…

Lake Leke: tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g297701…

These are just to a few options to give you an idea of what's on offer. If you give us a little more info on the things you like to see/do I'm sure you'll get many more great ideas.

Cheers

PK

Edited: 6:16 pm, September 20, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud at night

thanks for the info,what do we like to do we like to do the cultural things and try and eat the local food seriously never quite got the idea of eating a pizza in Bali, but thats just me, as far as entertainment goes I will try anything once so long as they serve beer I will be ok

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubud at night

If you are up to a gamelan/dance performance, then have a look at the following website:

www.balivacationtour.com/performance.php…

It's gives the details of what performances are on and where.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,022 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud at night

Ubud at night, is when I love it best. You can leisurely stroll the streets and easily cross from one side of the road to the other..when you spot yet another interesting little shop. Lots of wonderful places to dine, listen to music and enjoy yourselves.

Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ubud at night

Definitely try the Laughing Buddha along Monkey Forest Road for great post-dinner entertainement. http://laughingbuddhabali.com/

It's right across the street from Cafe Wayan which has great food and its got live music every night - very lively atmosphere that's totally friendly

If not, you can eat at Cafe Lotus right in the heart of Central Ubud (great atmosphere by the lotus pond) and watch the dance performance right nearby!

Sydney
Level Contributor
34 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ubud at night

We went to cafe Havana last night and it was a blast. Not at all Indonesia but Cuban food and a salsa band. Good and mighty strong cocktails, cold beer and fun atmosphere. If you ring them they'll even collect you in a 1963 classic car which was a bit of a highlight last night cruisin through the streets

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ubud at night

haha, yes AMCSydney, we walked past Havana's today and admired the car parked out front (Buick?) wondered if we could hire it to take us to Amed, a la Thelma & Louise. We had a drink at Cafe Pomegranate yesterday after a walk out to Sari Organic. Highly recommended for a late arvo drink but would be a bit concerned walking up there at night with the rocky uneven path surfaces and narrow sections. Keefter, we liked the XL Shiska Lounge lounge behind the soccer oval. Remember to take a small torch with you as the power sometimes goes out in Ubud.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ubud at night

thanks for the advice about the torch had not thought about that

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ubud at night

Lots of great places to eat, and the shops stay open till 10pm.

Bridges is excellent