We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Traveler in June 2013

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
Solo Traveler in June 2013

I am looking for a great place to stay in Ubud for the month of June, 4 to 6 weeks. My dates are somewhate flexible right now, I have not purchased my flight yet. I can go any time between end of May to mid August.

This will be my first International trip alone. I can pay up to $60US, I would love to stay where I can walk to everything.

It would be fun to do some volunteer stuff too, maybe teach English or Relationship skills. : )

I'm hoping to meet other travelers to explore the area with.

Q.

What would you not want to miss if it was your first time to Bali? : )

Thanks! Julie - San Diego, CA US.

1. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, February 27, 2013
2. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:12 am, September 18, 2014
Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

Hi Rachel

This might give you an idea of the many activities and sights to see in Ubud …wordpress.com/things-to-do-in-and-around-ub…

Bali
Level Contributor
16 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

Regarding places to stay...check the reviews here at Trip Advisor. I would recommend our place, but it's closer to Sanur than Ubud and it won't be finished until December.

Regarding things not to miss, I would highly suggest cultural activities. The Balinese culture is fascinating. Visit the temples (they are all over the place) and participate in their rituals. The Balinese are very welcoming people and will be happy to let you participate. Find a good healer and ask for a private cleansing ceremony. A good one will not charge you for it, but will rather have you just make a donation that is affordable for you. It's up to you.

I wrote a pretty fun Squidoo Lens that will give you all sorts of ideas. If you have any questions about them, please do not hesitate to ask: http://www.squidoo.com/things-to-do-in-bali2

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

HEllo Julie,

i am so glad to find your post!

I am Vietnamese and I will be in Bali on June 14- June 19. It will be great that we can meet up and discover Ubud together!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

Hi

Have a look at Ubud Sari health resort. You could book in for a raw food detox for the first few days until you get your bearings. You will meet loads of other solo travellers who will give you some ideas. Else with your budget there are heaps of home stays that will be able to stay at for half the price. Have a blast !

7. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 1:35 pm, May 02, 2013
8. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

Removed on: 1:35 pm, May 02, 2013
9. Re: Solo Traveler in June 2013

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 04, 2014