We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warungs/Cafe

Perth
Level Contributor
142 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Warungs/Cafe

With the exception of Murnis, The bridges, round bar or the yellow flower café, please suggest Café/Warungs near The Y resort in Ubud

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,725 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Don't know where the Y is , there there are many many good places to eat around main downtown area...My favorites: Pulau Kelapa, Nomad, 3 Monkeys, Cafe Wayan, Tutmak, and any of the Padang food places.

But new places pop up all the time. When you arrive in Ubud you will see how much choice there is, and sometimes, it's just easier to eat where you find yourself at any one particular moment. And of course it depends on what you order (needless to say) Example: Nomad has a great Balinese Tapas which I always order for visitors, and Cafe wayan has a great Sunday night Balinese buffet.

Hopefully you will be out experiencing the countryside and not stuck in downtown Ubud all the time.

Have fun!

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Y Resort is on Jalan raya Penestanan - opposite Eve Spa. So any of the Penestanan restaurants are only a hop, skip and a jump away.

Warung Mendez is worth a try - about 300metres down the road from Y resort (and same side) heading into Ubud town.

Edited: 12:41 am, January 30, 2013
Perth
Level Contributor
142 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Thanks for that jan ja, stopped at the y last year and we both love the local area, so village like

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Might meet you in the street one day! Have fun!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
590 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warungs/Cafe

While Warung Mendez is ok it has no atmosphere. I like to eat somewhere that has at least a view and not stuck in a cafe/shop style eatery, I can do that at home. It you walk from Penestanan toward Ubud and where the road does a complete 90 degree turn you will find Sri Ratih. Had a really nice meal there with some nice views. Also look at the jewellery they have on show, always 50 percent discount and got some pretty earings cheap.

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Hi

Straight across the road from Y you will find Bayu's kitchen. We find this a great lunch spot with a good choice of Indo and Thai food or a burger if you need a fix.

Next door to the Y, turn right as you exit the front gate and immediately behind the Round Bar is the Domah Hotel which has a nice litle cafe/restaurant in a garden setting. They have a small but tasty blackboard menu consisting local and not so local dishes.

Not sure of the name of the cafe but direct opposite Domah is a little open air warung that always seems popular with the locals and visotrs.

Cafe Mendez is one of my favourites for a quiet no fuss dinner. Good local fare all prepared fresh in an open kitchen for you to see. Thursday night roast leg of goat is a favourite and their roast chicken is pretty good as well. Just watch yourself walking in this area at night. The road is very narrow with no paths and the lighting is very poor.

A little further afield; get the driver from the Y to drop you off at the start of the walk to Sari Organic (Warung Bodag Maliah). This is a great lunch spot set amongst the rice fields. It's a leisurely 20 minute walk.

Enjoy

PK

Edited: 4:26 pm, January 30, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
677 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Warungs/Cafe

I found a great place last year on Monkey Forest Rd. If you are facing Three Monkeys, to the right is a little warung, can't remember the name, you have to walk right to the back, bu t you get the same rice paddy views and great food for a lot less money. They do a 3 course lunch for 32 rupiah, I ate there a lot during my month in Ubud.

Perth
Level Contributor
142 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Thanks everyone, all noted and recorded for our next Ubud trip, We have been to possibly the cheapest (Vespa) and also The Mosaic but still love the smaller family owned places, thanks again

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Sorry should have said 32,000 rupiah would be great if it was only 32 rupiah !!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Warungs/Cafe

Ubudpuppy...what are the names of those 2 fabulous places you sent us to....opposite each other??