We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 Nights in Bali

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
13 Nights in Bali

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Ubud in Bali between March 23rd and April 6th. This is my first trip as a solo traveller and this holiday is a birthday treat for myself. Having done some research I am quite excited by what Ubud has to offer but am quite overwhelmed by the choices on offer in terms of accommodation and activities. I enjoy the beach but am looking for a bit of a different feel to this holiday by taking part in some yoga, batik lessons, a little bit of walking and some R&R at a poolside.

I suppose the questions I would like to ask are as follows:

Where is the best accommodation to be walking distance to the centre of Ubud's activities, that has a pool and a nice spa?

Is it best to mix and match a couple of hotels during an 13-night stay, to add a bit more luxury into the trip? Any suggestions? My budget is about 500 British Pounds.

What is the best way to get from the airport to Ubud?

Is it safe for single females in Ubud?

Any fun information about places to see, eat, enjoy. I thoroughly enjoy eating out, art galleries and being absorbed in some culture.

Lots of questions - sorry. Any responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited: 11:10 am, January 12, 2013
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,797 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 Nights in Bali

IMO 500 GBP is a little low for a 13 night budget, being as it equates to less than 60AUD/day (I use this because a lot of the regulars here are more used to thinking in AUD). It could be done, but will be more backpacker than luxury IMO. Add the cost of the activities you wish to do and the budget is eroded even more.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 Nights in Bali

Hi.

Please check it out here...

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294226-d2…

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 Nights in Bali

Dear Both,

Thank you very much for your replies. I shall look into the link for ideas of activities etc. And indeed, I am thinking I am going to have to up my accommodation budget a bit to meet what I want.

Any recommendations of places close to Ubud centre would be great.

Thanks

x

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,797 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 Nights in Bali

Sama's Cottages are right in the heart of Ubud but quiet, and for a single occupancy about 21GBP/night including breakfast. The cottages are _really_ nice, I would expect to pay at least 4 times that for similar accommodation in Oz with no breakfast and cr@ppy service.

5. Re: 13 Nights in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 15, 2014