We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
help with hotels

First off, thank you to all of the genuine posters in this forum, I have researched all of your posts and appreciate the advice provided.

My issue is that we are two families that would like to stay at the same facility but not share a villa / room.

One family of 5

One family of 4

The kids are all teenagers.

The general requests from the group are: within 15 minutes of Ubud and an infinity pool would be great.

No restrictions on costs (yet)

Any suggestions appreciated,

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with hotels

Try Ubud Hanging Gardens, Pita Maha, Royal Pita Maha and Komaneka resort.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with hotels

As you don't have budget yet so I will recommend the best option first (in my opinion) . Maya Ubud Resort and Spa, they have infinity pool, all suites with activity area (tennis court, on-site shopping and so on) They provide you shuttle to Ubud City and it is very luxury resort. For a villa, I think you can fit maximum 3 people (with extra bed) or you can book special package for duplex pool villa which have 2 bedrooms. A room would cost $400++ include breakfast.

FuramaXclusive Villas & Spa Ubud is also good choice but no infinity pool, you can book room with pool access which is very nice. You can book 2 of two-bedrooms villa which will accommodate 2 families close to each other.

Most of resorts in Ubud are villa style which is perfect for a family because mostly one villa can fit maximum 4-5 people anyway so both of your group won't have to stay at the same villa. You can check out these links to get more ideas. Those are only my opinions, you might find something else you like. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help with hotels

Try Gaya Fusion www.gayafusion.com/villas_spa/info.php. They have 2 family-sized villas. Both only have one bathroom though.

Also check out http://www.agungkhalia.com/. There are 2 very majestic villas which share a big pool, but it is not an infinity pool. Beautiful scenery in the middle of rice paddies. Free shuttle in and out of town.

Good luck!

4. Re: help with hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 13, 2014
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now