We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
128 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

I was in Bali (Ubud) for a month in 2012 (mid-Jan-Feb). I am trying to get an idea of the weather and crowds in late Sept-Oct. Is this a good time to visit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I also would love any tips or direction in finding fun day or 2-day island or excursions that are hidden gens. Thank you for your expertise. So excited!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

September is the end of the drier cool season and October is usually the beginning of the hotter rainier season. However, this year the rains didn't start until November. So yes, great time to visit.

For more specific advice it would help to know what you did last time you were here and what kinds of things you like to do and see...and if you are interested in other islands and cultures as well.

Have fun planning.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,570 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

Hi

Yes, I agree with ubudpuppy - it is a great time to visit and is generally less humid than mid Jan - Feb when you were last in Bali. It is after the high season which is in August (although in Bali there is almost now low season anymore) so you won't be have to deal with crowds.

Cheers

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
128 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

Aloha! Thanks for replies.

Last time did a lot of spas & cooking classes and was by myself. Did a biking trip. Was amazing!!!!

This time I will be with others. Would love an exciting side trip to a place as fun as Ubud (3 days or so). Beach is not as important to me since I live in Hawaii. I like places that have culture or quaint town if it is going to be the beach. Any other island like that?

Interested in activities and nature more than anything.

Thanks!!!!!!

4. Re: Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, January 02, 2013
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

Couple of ideas, although there are so many other options...

Pemuteran and Menjangan for peaceful small village plus great corals and fish for snrkeling/diving

Weekend at Lakeview hotel and resto in Kintamani...great location lover looking the lake and crater. The owners occasionally have special events focused around visiting artists and culinary events like edible landscape.

6. Re: Travel in late Sept-Oct 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 04, 2014