We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How hard to get last minute driver hire

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corner of Earth
Level Contributor
456 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
How hard to get last minute driver hire

I have contacted some drivers but most have replied that they are booked for the day. I will need one on 12 December 2012, itinerary as follows:

- Pick up from Ubud hotel

- Lake Bratan (Temple on Lake)

- Jatiluwih

- Tanah Lot (hopefully this can be included without making the day too long)

- Drop off at hotel in Seminyak

I heard this is a doable route but not sure how much time it would actually take.

Since I'll be there soon, is it really too late to hire a driver and car? Is it easy to hire one at the Ubud market for this route? I read that it cost between 350,000rp to 600,000 for a day's hire. Would it be any different to hire one at the town centre?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

Hi,

It shouldn't be difficult to find a driver on the day, it could be difficult to find a good one.

Just step out of your hotel and every other person you see will ask the classic "Transport Boss ?"...

Your hotel might be able to help..

Going rate would be 450K to 550K or more...

Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

Have you tried Sila's Bali Tours, on the list of recommended drivers. I emailed Sila three days before we needed a driver and it was no problem.

3. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, December 07, 2012
Perth
Level Contributor
509 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

Agree with Ochervet.

Drivers are a dime a dozen in Bali.

5. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, December 07, 2012
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,423 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

Nyoman, please stop advertising on this forum.

7. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

Removed on: 3:05 am, December 08, 2012
8. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

Removed on: 3:05 am, December 08, 2012
Corner of Earth
Level Contributor
456 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

Thank you all. I emailed some more and got some response. I'm going over the offers but am not in a rush now with Ochervet's tip. 1 more sleep!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How hard to get last minute driver hire

It will be easy