We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airconditioner in February ?

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Airconditioner in February ?

Hi,

This is my first trip to Bali which will be during the second week of Feb. I'll be staying in Ubud.

I plan to rent a villa instead of staying in a hotel/resort.

Looking at the current availability of villas in my budget, I have to either compromise on an AC or a pool.

So how badly is an AC required during the month of Feb ? Considering that most of our days will be spent sightseeing, does it get cool in the evenings to not require an AC ?

Thanks in advance.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

I was staying in a villa in march last year.

The villa had some power/wiring issues and lead to us having no air con during the night.

I opened windows but could not get any relief.

I couldn't sleep that night due to the heat.

Having said that I also love my pool in Bali

Tough choice!

Perth
Level Contributor
504 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

Coming from India you may be able to handle the hot nights so I'd say choose the pool and a fan, especially if in Ubud which doesn't have ready access to the beach.

If you were an Australian office worker I'd say choose the air-conditioner.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8,832 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

February is still the hot rainy season and temperatures do not go down very much at night. However, many times rain wil come at night and cool down the area. A lot also depends on where in Ubud you will be staying...if up in Payangan it is much cooler than say, Batuan or Pengosekan or even Penestanan, so if heat is a problem choose your Ubud location carefully.

Electricity brownouts do occur so in your case I would opt for the pool...you can always do a plunge late at night. Make sure the villa has floor fans as well as the not-very-effective ceiling fans.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

Thanks everyone.

After thinking, I'd say I wouldnt compromise on my sleep after a hectic day of sightseeing. Though pool would be a 30 minute super luxury, an AC would be a 8 hours necessity.

Thanks all for your response.

ubud
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

I live in Penestanan and have a villa in Keliki.

February is definitely the "summer" in Bali and temperatures are higher now than in July and August.

That said, I personally think there is NO need for AC at all.I woke up this past sunday at 10am (slept late) and it was a bit hot, but with a fan it was very pleasant to sleep all night long. If you are in Keliki I think there is no need. If you are staying on Monkey Forest street that is maybe a different story.

Depending on your budget, I think you can get both an AC and a pool. PM me if you want some suggestions.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8,832 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

Yup, I agree with Jon, Keliki is one of those locations that will be much cooler than downtown Monkey Forest Road.

And not to put too much of a "green" rant in here but you will not need AC for a full 8 hours. Perhaps use the AC to cool your room down and put it on timer. Bali has an electrical shortage and frequent brownouts.

Have a great trip!

7. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, December 08, 2012
8. Re: Airconditioner in February ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 17, 2013