We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long stay in ubud

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Topic
long stay in ubud

So, okay, Two questions. Easiest way to get an extension visa. Best place to get leather goods made. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: long stay in ubud

Seriously, can no one help me with my questions about the easiest way to extend my visa, and a good leather maker in Ubud.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: long stay in ubud

Have you tried using the forum search? You are likely to turn up the answers you want. I think generally if there is no response here it is when people dont know the answer off the top of their head.

In regard to the visa there is a visa agent called Bali Mode with an office in Ubud.

If you search for "leather" in the Ubud forum it comes up with several discussions that might help you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: long stay in ubud

Thank you Sudiah

EU
Level Contributor
175 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: long stay in ubud

And of course Google :P

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: long stay in ubud

Thanks again, I am still pretty much a novice where the forum is concerned,but am learning.

Ubud
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: long stay in ubud

There's a plethora of visa extension places in Ubud. The bigger ones are Bali Mode and Immigration Highway.

Leather goods, there's a lot of wholesalers up around Andong. That would be a good start.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: long stay in ubud

What kind of visa do you want to extend?

For a Visa on Arrival, that you get at the airport as you come in, yes you can extend it once, there are many agents around Ubud who will charge you upwards of 600,000 (the actual fee to Immigration for extending it is 250,000.)

The ones with offices like Bali Mode and Highway are of course more expensive.. and there are countless private agents who do it cheaper.. meet you in a cafe or your home and then deliver the completed visa back to you. It can be a bit nerve wracking seeing your passport disappear with a strange ron a motorbike, so word of mouth recommendation is good for this. I know a very honest reliable chap called Gede who does this (he's worked for me for years). You MUST get your passport/forms into immigration in good time (about a week before).

You can do it yourself actually but as the nearest Immigration office is in Denpasar, and it takes at least 3 trips to do it, its generally more convenient to us an agent.

A 60 day tourist visa or a Social Budaya that you got outside Indonesia can also be extended, month by month, up to 6 months. It's more necessary to use an agent for this one as you need a sponsor letter and a visit to a different kind of office (Kantor Wilaya) as well as immigration. So the fee can be a bit higher than for a VoA as well.

For leather, I go through Andong every day and am not familiar with any leather places there. Its not a big thing in Ubud. Joe, what place are you thinking of??It's more handicrafts for home decoration here than tailoring. But in Jalan Hanoman there is Johnny Belts (I think its called) which does amazing stuff. What do you want made?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: long stay in ubud

Thanks newgabe, I was just looking at this time, an extension on the visitors visa for just over the 30 days. Later I shall be looking at a 6 month stay, and will enquire about that in May when I am in Ubud. I emailed you about Dukuh and will also visit your homestay then, and hopefully speak to your recommended Gede. Thanks again.

australia
Level Contributor
547 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: long stay in ubud

you can get a 60 day visa before you go by applying through the Indonesian embassy in your country. Then if you stay longer you can extend in Bali. I think that would be easier you just need a bit of extra time to apply for the visa before you go.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: long stay in ubud

Thanks balihopeful any suggestions really appreciated.