We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with Ubud accommodation

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with Ubud accommodation

Hi All

I am booking a girls trip to Bali in March for myself and my bestie and thought we would stay in Ubud for a few nights to start our trip. I have never stayed up there before so need some help please.

I have contacted the Tegal Sari and Alam Indah and both have vacancies which won't last for long so I need to get it sorted asap. My last trip to Bali I stayed at the Padma but I don't want to spend that much money this time around as I am going back in June with my kids.

I have also been quoted by a Travel Agent to stay at the Santi Mandala which is about double the cost of the other two options. She is going to get back to me with another option but I haven't heard yet. I have told her I may book my Ubud accommodation myself as they don't use either of the hotels I have had quoted myself.

My questions are:

Will I notice a huge difference in the quality of the hotel if I go for the cheaper options? To be honest I just want a clean room, sheets and towels, beautiful gardens and lovely staff.

Are any of them in a better location as far as walking to restaurants etc?

Which hotel would you prefer to stay at as a frequent traveller to Ubud?

Thanks so much

Brooke

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

We stayed at Greenfields this May. Its next door to Tegal Sari and is wonderful. We stayed in the Adat room. Absolutely HUGE rooms, lovely traditional Balinese style, massive bathroom with huge bath, gorgeous terrace overlooking rice paddies, walking distance to everywhere. Breakfast is yummy but would get a bit monotonous if you were staying there for more than a week. We went with our 2 boys but would definitely stay there again on a girls trip. Air con is cold, staff are great, lovely and clean, beautiful gardens and pool, you would definitely be happy there:-)

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

P.s on demand shuttle into central ubud if you can't be bothered walking and you can call them and they'll come and pick you up too. Also, 5 min walk to a huge supermarket :-)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

Thanks for the tip. I have emailed Green Field to see if they have any availability. My TA got back to me and quoted Champlung Sari Hotel but I just read the reviews and they are not too good. Starting to get too confused now, lol.

Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

I have stayed at Alam Indah last year with my daughter and neice. A beautiful spot, an easy walk via Monkey Forest to Monkey Forest Rd. They also ran a shuttle bus, but we didn't use this facility. We had the Gardinia Suite which is two floors, (with two bathrooms) they put an extra bed in the lower room for the third person. The staff were fantastic and the breakfast and afternoon teas lovely. I was back again this year and unfortunately it was fully booked at the time. Would highly recommend.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,945 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

Travel agents quote from glossy brochures and they don't have some of the 'best' properties to offer you. Book yourself, you have a far greater choice. Greenfields and tegal sari are two good options. They are not in monkey forest road which many people say is the 'centre' of ubud but still walkable, good restaurants in the area and well worth considering. There are other hotels in monkey forest road. Without retyping recommendations here, type "ubud hotel recommendations" or "hotels in central Ubud" in the bali forum search bar and read these. IF you get offered rooms at both tegal sari or greenfields do book one ASAP. Greenfields has a better pool area.

Australia
Level Contributor
616 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

"Snooky's" advise is spot on ! you can easily just arrive in UBUD & find great accom.......i would never, in a million years, book my accom thru an agent here in australia......we last stayed at ALAS PETULU Cottages....no agent here would ever of heard of them. Cheap, clean, good pool too. Its magical. Read TA reviews....good choice.....spoil yourself with a breakfast at CINTA in Monkey Forest Rd (they have accom too )......enjoy ;-)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

Thank you all for your replies. I just got an email back from Greenfields and they have availability in a Bale Sukat so I am jumping on it. Just hope my holidays are approved at work but at least I wont be out of pocket too much money if I have to cancel (not likely but you never know). I was very lucky to get availability at all 3 hotels but this one seems to get the best reviews out of all of them on TA.

I am so excited to be checking out what all of you rave about. I know its only a short visit there but it will give me a taste and see if I want to return.

:0)

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

We've just stayed at Green Fields and can confirm its a lovely hotel. We looked at the bale Sukat rooms for a friend - they are really lovely. The upstairs rooms are odd numbers - better view of the rice padis but downstairs also good views.

The only problem I had was the bed was a bit hard - I did tell them and they said they would look into getting some remedy. If a hard bed bothers you ask for some type of mattress topper in advance.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

Thanks for that. It's good to hear we have a nice room. Can't wait now.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help with Ubud accommodation

I can also recommend Greenfields. I stayed there a couple of weeks ago - one night in a Bale Bunga (only go for this is you are looking for a very cheap option, it's a bed and nothing nice about the room); the other nights in a Bale Adat which was a very nice, super large room with sensational rice paddy views. Staff were lovely and the location was also very good. The breakfast (included) was a bit ordinary - nothing to stop you going elsewhere if you want something more.