We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

My wife and I had the pleasure of touring with Wayan Lia for three days in August, 2012. We toured various temples, the countryside, and towns throughout Bali. Wayan also helped arrange airport transport when we arrived and helped coordinate one of the Drivers with Distinction to transport us back from Pemuteran to Denpasar.

If you are in need of a driver on your next trip to Bali I highly recommend Wayan Lia.

Ghent, Belgium
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

I agree! We have just spent our honeymoon in Indonesia and had Wayan Lia drive us for 3,5 days. There are probably lots of good drivers out there, but Wayan Lia was very proactive and made some really good suggestions. When we had more time than expected, he would drive us to see things that were not on the itinerary. He drives safely, speaks English well and was very friendly. I highly recommend him. wayan_lia@yahoo.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

May I ask how much the rates were for a private driver? Thank you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

Hi Wendy,

Do you know where is Wayan based at and also how much is his charging rate like?

south africa
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

We also made use of Wayan-Lia as our driver while in Bali. I am usually an expert "backseat-driver" but not even once did I feel unsure and unsafe of his driving....absolutely the best driver we have ever experienced. He also was flexible at changing our days itinery at short notice. I can highly recommend him and will for sure use him again when visiting Bali in future. See wayan-lia@yahoo.com or wayanlia.blogspot.com.au

Saltash, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

We too used Wayan last October, I have been to Bali many times and was unable to get a driver we had used previously and was recommended to try Wayan. Which we did, and all I can say is I will be using him again when we go back in April (as long as he is free) the man is a true gentleman and nothing is to much bother. He will interact or leave you be which ever you want .

south africa
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

Our holiday would not have been so enjoyable and relaxed without having Wayan-Lia as a driver. We even visited the great new Nasa Dua which I highly recommend if you want to find out more about the Indonesian Culture and amazing architectures from all the different Islands....really found it very interesting and we could enjoy our time there without Wayan-Lia letting us feel rushed. He really goes out of his way to make your trip to Bali enjoyable. He even suggested that he would pick us up at the airport which was absolutely great. A real gentleman and always on time and very trustworthy.. Highly recommended.

south africa
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

It was very affordable at 60USD per day.....worthwhile for sure!!!. Money spent with a smile. A previous time my son hired a car and had someone fender bend him and because you can't go back for a court case you are then open for large amounts that you have to pay the "victom"(??? you can't say you are the innocent party)........Traffic is super hectic and roads in villages very narrow....>>>I will always use Wayan-Lia therefore if possible.

8. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:22 pm, January 16, 2015
south africa
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

For sure....the best decision we made was to use him as a driver.

10. Re: Driver Wayan Lia recommendation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 18, 2016