We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shoalhaven...
14 posts
Save Topic
taxi

does anyone have any idea of how much it will cost to go from the airport DPS to villa uma agung sidenem by taxi .

thanks Ron

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,297 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi

Hi Ronald B, Sidemen is not on the airport taxi chart but depending on how far off the beaten track your villa is, allow for between Rp 365,000 - Rp 385,000.

Also ask the villa how much they charge for a transfer.

Shoalhaven...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi

thanks for that , that gives me something to go on

Ron

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi

I think it should be around 275.000 rp, since it is officially 335.000 to Candidasa which is much further away and 400.000 to Lovina at the other side of the island and Villa Uma Agung is BEFORE you reach Sidemen (at the river to the west of Sidemen), BUT it will depend on the driver knowing where Sidemen is and what road to take. Some roads in that area are bad and he may get lost.

In a review of a nearby hotel was written that that taxi driver said he had not been in Sidemen for 10 years and that it took 2 1/2 hours wheras it should be 1 1/2.

I bought the excellent and very detailed new Periplus Bali Road map (a thick book), so I can always show the driver how to get anywhere.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi

i always use an airport taxi to legian but for the distance you need to travel i would hire a driver . just remember you are not guaranteed seat belts or decent air-conditioning in airport taxis

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
75 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi

We charge 350,000 Rp to come to Sidemen from the airport and our cars are fully insured. Hope this helps!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi

Your best option is to ask the villa to send someone to pick you up! That way you can fix the price in advance, and you'll have a smiling face waiting to greet you outside arrivals :)

7. Re: taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 15, 2013