We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

Hi there,

Myself and my friend (both 25yr old) will be arriving in Ubud next friday. We are wanting to go out on Saturday night to a nice bar/restaurant that has a bit of a vibe to it. Understand that there will be no nightclubs etc which is fine, not really what we are after anyway. If you have any suggestions or recommendations please let me know!

Thanks

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,129 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

One idea, is to go to Laka Leke restaurant for dinner and watch the dance performance (you do not have to choose the buffet meal, you can order from the menu and pay 21% tax/service charge). This will finish around 9pm. Following that, you could head to a bar/retaurant that has music - I'm sure some suggestions of suitable places will be forthcoming.

Laka Leke have a website if you need further info

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

Try Casa Luna or Bar Luna. Both are great.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

I hear there might be a "snakes and ladders game" on this weekend

Australind...
Level Contributor
170 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

you could also try The Jaz Club or Boom Boom Bar . The was plenty to keep us anaised in May .Just remember there are no taxi's in Ubud .

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,555 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

For the bar element of your evening of fine dining and wine tasting, then XL Shisha Lounge does have a nice vibe. It's on Monkey Forest Road, just next to the football pitch. They occasionally have live acoustic music, and the decor of the establishment is akin to a Bedouin tent, complete with shisha pipes should you wish to have a puff. They do serve food, but I haven't tasted it in order to comment.

You could also consider somewhere like Cafe Havana on Jl Dewi Sita; nice food (some would complain the portion sizes aren't that big), latin music and dancing. Remember to let your food digest before dancing to avoid side stitches.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

I would also recommend Cafe Havana esp if you enjoy Salsa, or Jazz Cafe . Other places pop up from time to time and sometimes places who ordinarilly don't have music will have special events. Follow your ears.

There are taxis in Ubud, btw, just that they are not metered and are provided by freelance transport drivers. Perfectly safe and a great way to get around. You will easily find them at your hotel or in front of most cafes and they will ask if you need transport.

Warrnambool
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

I second XL Shisha Lounge. Food was okay but it has a great vibe.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
369 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

Boom boom bar and restaurant is on monkey forest road and really awesome!! We were repeat visitors to there at least once a day in our 12 night stop.in Ubud! the cocktails are the best I've ever had and the pizza, burgers and everything else are to die for! We have stayed in close contact with the staff there. they will even get up and dance with you to the live music!!

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

Snakes and Ladders...? And this means..?? or do I not want to know?!

Edited: 12:18 am, August 31, 2012
Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: things to do on a saturday night in Ubud

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Making me very excited about going! One week today :)