We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening in Ubud

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Evening in Ubud

We will be reaching Ubud by about 4:30 pm on a Saturday. I'm not really keen on going to any dance performances as we will be going to the Devdan Show later sometime during our trip.Any suggestions on how we could spend a nice evening in Ubud would be great!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening in Ubud

Ubud is a fairly quiet town and there are places where you can sit and listen to music while having dinner or drinks. Cafe Havana usually has a salsa band, and on Saturday nights I have heard there is a newish place called Moko next to Warung Mina (on the road to the Maya).

Or just have nice quiet dinner in a garden restaurant like Pulau Kelapa in Sangginagan for authentic Indonesian food.

BTW, the dance performances in Ubud are very different from Devdan which is a full production stage show. The dances in Ubud are low key and temple gamelan and dancers.

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening in Ubud

I love Ubud in the evening! Many of the bars/restaurants have casual live music with a nice atmosphere!

XL Bar, Boom Boom Bar seem to have regular live music and have enjoyed music at Bamboo cafe...and two others whose names I can't recall (old age!!) all along Monkey Forest road. I just wander around until the music draws me in :)

Back to Ubud next month...can't wait!

australia
Level Contributor
550 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening in Ubud

Jazz Bar is my favourite in Ubud, also Laughing Buddha Bar have live music some nights and they will provide free transport to Jazz Bar as they do alternate nights live music (I think). Both have nice food as well.

Australind...
Level Contributor
166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening in Ubud

jazz bar is great. Good food and music as is the Havana

Brisbane
Level Contributor
369 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening in Ubud

Boom boom bar is awesome. Dewa Kadek Agung and the team will look after you! Cocktails are AMAZING and food good too. Although a nice dinner my the pond at cafe wayan i find is nice then hit a few bars for some drinks and live music!

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening in Ubud

Hi,

I would go and watch the dance shows. They are varied, have excellent high standards and should not be missed.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening in Ubud

Thanks guys :) Hope to check out a few of these places during our vacation!

8. Re: Evening in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, August 21, 2013