We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

Wollongong NSW
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

Hi

I was told that I could cuddle an Orangutan at one of the animal parks in Bali.

Can anyone tell me which one and how much it costs, in AUD if possible.

I belive this Orangutan is a real character that I would love to meet !

Cheers

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
266 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

It is the Mara River Lodge Safari Park where you can cuddle an Orangutan but I am not sure how much it costs maybe someone else can help you with the price. Have you been onto their website.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

This is actually where you can hug an orangutan:

http://www.balisafarimarinepark.com/

My wife and I did this last time-it was FREE !!!! There are lots of opportunities to interract with the animals there. It is around a 45 minte drive from Kuta.

If you would like proof- PM me and I will send you the link to the video. ;)

EDIT: actually Mara as mentioned in the first reply above is the name of the mini lodges you can stay in that are WITHIN Bali Safari and Marine Park..

Official Site Link:

http://www.balisafarimarinepark.com/

Edited: 8:28 am, November 09, 2011
Brisbane
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

oh dear- poor wording- Mara Lodge's link is viewable from the Safari Park website...sorry for the confusion- late night posting is a killer !!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

As cute as they are when little and adult, I would be wary of approaching an adult one. These are mighty strong...

Still seeing them is one of my fondest memory although it was in Malaysian Borneo not in Bali.

brisbane
Level Contributor
530 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

The Bali Safari Park is the place to go to cuddle a baby orangutang. Its free to do (after you have paid to enter the park)..and you just have to join the queue! Later in the day, fewer people are around and you can cuddle & play for much longer periods. Great fun and super cute! Check out the website as bris-muso suggested. You can stay at the park or travel there from other areas. We travelled from Ubud - took about 30 mins - and stayed for the whole day. Highly recommended!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

How often are these poor wee animals cuddled each and every day ?

brisbane
Level Contributor
530 posts
51 reviews
7. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

I have to agree with linda....I wondered whether different babies took turns throughout the day. its a lot to ask of one animal and by the end of the day, they are clearly no longer as interested..but can you blame them!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
90 reviews
8. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

Years ago I had "breakfast" with an orang utan at Singapore zoo. It was quite unsettling when the handler told me it was strong enough to rip me limb from limb if it wanted to.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
9. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

Linda I can only agree, sometimes I feel it's bordering on cruelty.

And the young ones are set for a life in captivity, no hope of rehabilitation.

10. Re: Cuddling an Orangutan In Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 11, 2012