We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

nyc
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

we're v. excited about going to bali for our honeymoon! For the 2nd part of our trip, we're considering kupu kupu barong and Uma Ubud in Ubud, or perhaps FS Sayan. Can anyone give me a little more insights to the differences between these places? TIA

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

Tia,

I dont know how long you plan on staying in Ubud. But I found that luxurylink.com has a great deal on the Royal Pita Maha. Which is suppose to be beautiful. I am Leaving for Bali next week for our honeymoon. I will let you know how it was.

All the Best

JB

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
The Royal Pita Maha
The Royal Pita Maha
1,484 Reviews
Kedewatan, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

PS

I dont work for Luxurylink!!! I just relized that I gave you a similar answer one before

LOL

JB

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

one more thing

The private pool @ Royal Pita are much bigger than kupu kupu and FS Sayan

Ubud, Bali
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

Haven't really checked out Kupu-kupu barong lately but they do have great views but not so noted for the level of service or facilities - as I said that is not an updated opinion. The FS sayan is definitely very much the what you want from a luxury holiday, though perhaps geared to a more mature or even middle aged bracket with spectacular touches it sits inside a valley. The Uma Ubud is more hip though a tad less luxurious, it is closer to town.

Then there is Ibah which is more warm Bali experience. For value you should try checking out some of the villas for rent in Ubud, the value for your money (with privacy) can be great. There are some new ones, check out rumahrio.com - in town but great space with a great pool to boot. Back to hotels, Komaneka has two properties in Ubud which are vey nice too, one in a spectacular scenic setting and the other in town convenient too.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
ro_s3
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

Hi tpnyc,

I stayed in kupu kupu barong twice already and they have great services and facilities. Of course, they dont have as complete facilities as fs sayan since its a part of big hotel corporation. However, fs sayan has a very american interior design which for me is not a good sumptuous if you want to have a real stay in Bali. Uma has a very contemporare design as well. I would prefer kkb since they have balinese touch but also combine with the contemporare style. It will gives you a real stay in Bali. The facilities that they offer are spa, restaurant and some guest activities. I heard that they just make a new complimentary yoga activities and balinese dance. It is true that they have a really great view from your villa. Their spa is totally unique experience. Cute niche, not too big and not too expensive, which are nice offer for great spa in Bali (there are other spa which is much bigger and of course too expensive as well...)

Their restaurant also offer nice food as well

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
US
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

I can enthusiastically second the recommendation for the Ibah Luxury Villas. Very private, peaceful, relaxing and romantic. Luxurious with an authentic Bali atmosphere and tropical setting with beautiful gardens and koi ponds. Just 15 villas and only 3 were occupied when we were there. Wonderful staff provide personal service as everyone knows you. Everyone who stays here loves this place. Owners are members of Ubud Royal Family and live on the property. Perfect for a honeymoon.

Secluded and quiet location of a lush river bank but 2 minute walk to center of Ubud for restaurants and shopping (free shuttle also). Others are outside of Ubud. Great spa, restaurant and yoga classes. Less expensive than FS. Spent a week there, loved it and will return.

Some excellent restaurants in Ubud to try are Lamak, Terazzo, Warung Enak, Ary's, Bebek Bengil (lunch) and Murni's (lunch).

Restaurant reviews at balieats.com

Also look at www.balifriend.net - highly recommended.

Ubud is the perfect spot for honeymoon. You won't want to leave and can't wait to return.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Lamak Restaurant & Bar
Lamak Restaurant & Bar
420 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Warung Enak
Warung Enak
1,302 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Bebek Bengil
Bebek Bengil
2,303 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
7. Re: kupu kupu barong/ uma ubud?FS sayan in UBUD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, September 03, 2009