We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
298 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

Hello,

we are coming for our honeymoon in July and we are staying for 5 days in Ubud.

Could you please recommend if it is worth staying in the hotel for spa/massage or should we be looking elsewhere?

We are the kind of people that we are looking for reasonable priced treatments.

Would you know the operating hours of the spa's? We want to see what time should we be putting these in our schedule, early afternoon, morning or late afternoon after all tours.

Thanks,

Haris.

Bali Sun Tours
Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Cultural Tours
Mr. Bedu's Tours
Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bali Purana
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The Ubud Driver
Private Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

Hi,

"Reasonable" is very subjective! ;-)

I just got back from Komaneka at Bisma and I found the prices of the spa very expensive. They were in USD and my currency is a lot smaller than the USD, so for me, that was expensive. For someone from the US or UK, or Europe, it might be OK.....

So maybe you wanna define "reasonable"? ;-P

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

Hi,

I've found that the prices of the Komaneka Spa at all 3 of their hotels are quite high.

In Ubud you can get a Balinese massage for 100 000 to 150 000 rp in a decent place. At Komaneka it's more like 60 to 80 USD...

Nice Spa, Jacuzzi etc,,,, but overpriced. The only thing is that at Tanggayuda you're out of ubud so you need transport to get to a spa.

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
298 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

ok thanks.

I want to be in a good value of money treatment for Bali, that is why i am asking.

I mean Komaneka, is expensive compared to others, but are its facilities really worth it?

Or are some other places that give you more value?

This is what i meant :)

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
226 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

Had an amazing massage at Zen Spa (2 years ago) - on the same road as Kafe and Tegal Sari. Prices then very reasonable. We're off to Ubud in 4 weeks and intend to go t the spa run by Tegal Sari - can't remember the name - but it was fantastic - they provided transport for you.

Enjoy.

adia63

5. Re: Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, July 01, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

fekish,

It's your honeymoon and if you booked a honeymoon package they are very likely to throw in a spa session for two in the package.

7. Re: Staying in Komaneka at Tanggayuda, which spa to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 27, 2010