We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of spending about 4 days at Ubud for my honeymoon and I'm really looking forward to seeing those rice terraces and art museums. However, I'm really at a loss as to where to begin. Can anyone share with me a possible itinerary to follow for the 4 days? I don't want to rush around trying to see everything -- just some of the more beautiful places would be enough, and I definitely want to hit that Campuhan ridge trail I keep hearing about :)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

US
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

Read this travel tour blog with photos for ideas that appeal to your preferences: http://www.balifriend.net/bali-notes

Photos of the Campuhan Ridge trail: …multiply.com/photos/album/14/Campuhan_Ridge…

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

it would be much better if you could stay longer than 4 days as there is so much to see and do.

Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

Hey thanks for the links IMGrateful -- those are some really nice pics, and the blog lists out some great places.

And I'll be staying for more than 4 days. It's just that after the 4 days in Ubud, I'm thinking of moving somewhere else, probably the Southern part of the island to check out the beach scene.

Any more suggestions regarding Ubud? :)

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

For Museums, you have to go to Neka Museum. Lovely stuff. You may want to take a look at this link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297701-s202/Ubud:Bal…

How about a spa treatment after all the running around for your wedding?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-c2603/Bali:In…

Congrats on your honeymoon!

US
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

River rafting in Ubud is pretty tame but fun. Definitely attend some dance performances, village festivals and ceremonies. Wander about and meet the locals who are very friendly.

Lunch at Murni's, and Nuri's and dinner at Lemak, Terazo and Ari's. Plenty of cafe's with music. Funky Monkey near Lemak is fun.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

don't forget to take in the temples...they really are fantastic. we were really in awe at tampaksiring where the springs are..

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

There are three great museums in Ubud, The Neka (across the street from Naughty Nuri's - great ribs. The Blanco - father has passed away recently and now the son is the top attraction. And the Arma, with also a great Thai restaurant next door. These are three museums, you should see. Cost is about $3 to $5.

The restaurants are many: Tops one's Cinta Grill and Inn - great food and great Mojito's (2 for 1) between 4-7. The food is excellent and the staff is great, love those ribs. Cinta is on Monkey Forest Road.

Cafe Lotus, the best view in Ubud (garden and temple) center of town, left of Ubud Palace on Jalan Raya.

Cafe Des Artistes, fantastic steak and ribs, its on J1 Bisma #3. Walk passed the Cafe Lotus going out of town, away from Ubud Palace, take first left (that is Bisma) go up the hill, restaurant is on the left, across the street is Rada Internet (the best one in town).

I would strongly recommend hiring a driver to take you to the temples outside of town - we have used Merta for 3 years, trustworth, reasonable and knows a lot about the area. mertagct@telkom.net

Definitely go to Ubud, also you can walk around the rice fields, and you can do it yourself, no need for a guide, the path is right next to the Cafe Lotus, there is a sign outside the restaurant to tell you where it is. Its a long walk but worth it. John

Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

Hey thanks everyone for all your stupendous words of advice -- that's really a wealth of info for me to digest. Do keep the advice coming -- there's still a couple of weeks more before my honeymoon :)

9. Re: Itinerary for a Ubud Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, September 24, 2009