We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

Redondo Beach, CA
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

I know this has been asked before, but we are so confused! We are planning a trip in May and cannot decide between the two. Reviews for Kajane Mua look better, but in the forums it appears that Komaneka wins out. We got the exact same price for a Toyo (pool) villa at Kajane Mua and a Deluxe Room at Komaneka, so that is not a consideration. Any advice?? Thanks for your help!!

Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

If I were in your position, the deciding factor would be whether I wanted to be in town, or out of town. Personally, I prefer to be in town and have the freedom of being able to walk where I wanted to go, when I wanted to go. However, everybody to their own.

san diego
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

i had my honeymoon at the komaneka monkey forest and i absolutely loved it! the service is top notch and the location is hard to beat...you get the shopping and bustling ubud restaurants right outside the property but the tranquility of the property itself. again, the service is outstanding...we keep talking about how great the service was out there and how it is often sub-standard here on the mainland...there comes a certain state of mind staying at the komaneka...enjoy

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

I believe Kajane and Komaneka are opposite each other and are sister hotels.

Toyo has it's own private pool. Komaneka deluxe room has a shared pool. Other than that - not much difference. Both very nice and both highly recommended.

Might come down to any added extras, or taxes, etc.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Toyo is a shared pool (like a duplex villa, I think), and their not sister as in 'owned by the same company', just across from each other.

We've been having the same debate, although we're looking at pool villas in both. Kajane pool villas have a bit more privacy, but Komaneka slightly better views. Regardless, I think it's really a wash - they're in effectively the same location, and based on the reviews both have great service. Sounds like perhaps the breakfast at Komaneka is a bit better, and I think the Komaneka has a more full service spa on site, although I also think that it's more expensive then other nearby options.

Given that, in your place I'd go with Kajane, because there's a chance that no one else will be in the Toyo area and you'd have it to yourself. At a Komaneka room you'll have no chance of private pool area.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

Ive stayed at both over the last year and one down side is with Kajane is the hike to the villas from the St - it is a serious walk! (and I like walking!)

Secondly the shared pool situation between the types that share 1 pool with two villas at Kajane is a bit strange in my experience, kind of felt like we were invading each others territory.. being in such close quarters to each other.. and there is no main pool area to hang out in.

Komaneka is my personal favorite, spacious rooms, lovely grounds and a gorgeous pool!

The two hotels are not owned by the same company but by two brothers from the same family (Of Neka museum fame)

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

I just wanted to follow up because I was totally wrong about the Toya Villas being shared pools. I'm still not clear on how to tell which ones are 'cluster' vs. private pools, but there are definitely Toya Private Pool villas at Kajane. Didn't want anyone reading this later to get confused by my mistake. :)

7. Re: Kajane Mua vs. Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 18, 2009