We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good driver and where to go

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
carlisle
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
good driver and where to go

Hi all

We are stopping in Ubud next month for 12nights and are looking for a good driver to take us out and about and wondered if anyone could recommend someone?

We are also looking for suggestions of where to explore on the island ( we don't mind distance) and roughly how much per trip/day and what is included in the cost?

Many thanks and can't wait to go

Amanda

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: good driver and where to go

Hi all,

After reading this thread regarding Eddy Kus, I think I should tell you how dissapointed I was with his service.

I have been to Bali about 5 times and decided to book Eddy for a full 2 days sightseeing trips, as I have my cousins who are visiting Bali for the first time.

I confirmed all my bookings with Eddy in mid june for my trip from the 31 Aug -4 Sep. We booked him for the 1st and 2nd Sep.

One week before our departure I reconfirmed my arrangements with Eddy.

On our tour day (1st Sep) he was at the lobby waiting for us and everything went well. He was good and courteous. We arranged to meet on the 2nd Sep at 1000am for our tour again. This is when all the problems started.

He called us at 0930Hrs on2nd Sep stating that his mum was sick (Fever)and he is in the hospital with her and we have to postpone our tour to the 3rd Sep and he will call us at night to confirm the timing.

We agreed to the changes. The rest of the days we went for shopping and laze around the pool.

We waited for his phone call till 10.00pm and there was none to confirm about the tour for the 3rd Sep, thus I called him on his mobile. He told me that he can't make it on the 3rd Sep. No reason given, saying that he will come by on the 4th Sep. I told him it is impossible to do it as I am leaving for home on the 4th Sep.

He agreed to send his Brother in Law (Wayan) to do the tour on the 3rd sep. Upon enquiring with his brother in law, he told me that he is offering prayers, and that is why he could not make it.

What I don't understand is, we have arranged the tours well ahead before the arrival date. If his mum was sick, he could have called us earlier or could have arranged for a alternative driver, and not to inform us at the last minute, and he did not even have the courtesy to call us back at night to inform us that he could not make it again on 3rd Sep

I am on a short holiday where I could not change my schedule according to the drivers timing. I am dissapointed with his profesionalism. He could have done better in handling the situation more professionally.

Thks rds

22. Re: good driver and where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 09, 2009