We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

Hi,

are Puri Saren Agung (Ubud Palace) and Puri Saraswati Bungalows the same place?

We are going to Bali on our honeymoon later this year and thought it would be extra special to spend a night in such a historical place.

Thanks,

Kirsty

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
57 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

NO the The Puri (Palace) is a bit further down the street. Make sure you visit the Puri Lukisan museum next to Puri Saraswati Bungalows.

You can visit the palace, very nice and relaxed compound. The Royal Family is some of Bali strongest supports of the local art and music. Please do not waste time and money in the cafe lotus, the quality is no good anymore.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
57 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

The crown prince of Ubud have a very nice hotel Pita Maha - it would be very romatic, the other main prince Tjok Raka has a also extremly nice place IBAH that is ideal for honeymoon.

good luck

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

Thank you very much for your help.

I will look at the 2 places you mentioned.

I am an art student/esl teacher and I can't wait to see Ubud.

Kirsty

4. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:02 am, June 06, 2007
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

We stayed in Puri Saren Agung it was like staying in a museum and although a bit dusty it was the most unique accommodation I have ever stayed in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

I stayed in the Palace hotel two years ago. It's quite nice (clean, comfortable) but there is no pool if that is important to you.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

But the decor more than makes up for it and the old man who cleans the rooms and makes breakfast is amazing (he's been working there since he was a teenager) did you meet him?

8. Re: Ubud Palace (as a hotel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, September 25, 2009