We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventures near Ubud

Fairfax, California
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Adventures near Ubud

Hey there,

I am looking for a 4-6 day adventure travel company based in or near Ubud. We are looking for someone to take us biking, hiking, kayaking and the like. Something like Backroads or Mountain Travel Sobek. A multi-sport kinda trip. Can anyone reccomend such a company to us? We will be traveling to Wakatobi afterwards for a week of diving but wanted a land based adventure first. Any thoughts? Would prefer smaller groups and a company that would pick us up at our hotel or arrange for lodging as we go along.

Thanks a lot,

Susie

just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventures near Ubud

There's a Bali Sobek http://www.balisobek.com/ -- should be able to help.

Fairfax, California
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventures near Ubud

Thanks Jenskar. This is exactly what I was looking for. I just wrote them for some ideas.

Thanks a bunch!

Susie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventures near Ubud

Hi some friends of mine did these tours which they raved about.

Our bicycle tour with Bali budaya eco cycling tour. We did this last year and enjoyed it so much that we did it again and took mum with us. We were picked up at 7.15am and taken to kintimani for a yummy breakfast overlooking the volcanoe eating pancakes and fresh fruit. we then drove 10 kms downwards and picked up our bikes and rode for 25kms through villages and rice paddies stopping at various places to learn about balinese culture. bulanindah@dps.centrin.net.id

BIKE TRIP A real highlight was the bike trip with Wayan Sujana and his company Bike Baik

balispirit.com/tours/bali_biking_bike_tours.…

A truly memorable day and highly recommended. Bike Baik

Wayan's number is 0813 3867 3852. It's Rp 350,000 for everything (brekkie, home cooked feast, drinks, fruit, transport, bikes, helmets etc).

There is also a quad bike company also. That looks great. Google Quad bikes Bali and you should find it.

You mdon't need to book everything before hand. If they have a website it's usually in US$. You can negotiate better prices when you get there.

singapore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventures near Ubud

Hi, may i know if it's possible to go for the cycling tour if there's just 2 of us?

5. Re: Adventures near Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, August 30, 2009