We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prenatal massage

Hong Kong
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prenatal massage

I'm in my second trimester and will be in Ubud for a few days. can anyone recomend a good place for a pre-natal massage that wouldn't cost a fortune?

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prenatal massage

Hi,

The oens that won't cost a fortune may not have properly trained therapists.

Having said that, I was told that all the therapists go to the same school, but there are some places who don't hire qualified therapists, but these people have been giving massages for years and can also be quite good. I know this because I have a sibling used to be in the spa industry and had a colleague who was Balinese.

I would be VERY careful about getting a pre-natal massage done in Bali. The Balinese massages also work a lot on your back, which is something you can't do.

If, howeer, you still want to get a massage done, then I would go to one of the more upmarket places where they have an international reputation to maintain - maybe at Como Shambala? But that won't be cheap though, and it all depends on your therapist.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
2. Re: Prenatal massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, August 27, 2009