We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

Hi all,

I know it has been asked many times before for hotel recommendations but I would like your advice if possible.

Travelling next week from Glasgow and still not booked anywhere.

Central with nice pool or nice beach nearby.

Also recommendation for a bar or two would be grateful.

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

I am a regular lone traveller to Bali and my fave hotel in Sanur is Swastika Bungalows. The Swastika is an ancient Hindu symbol - so don't be put off by the name!

It is reasonably priced, fab location, various room options, three pools and only a short walk to the beach (down Jl Pantai Karang).

Casablanca Bar is only a short walk away -- a great place for some night music, and for a nice day time beer visit Yudi near the beach (Eka & Yudi shop - No 6 Pantai Karang). Yudi has a nice clothes shop and serves ice cold beer...looking forward to my visit again in two weeks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

Google Sanur beach villas.

Within your budget. Close to beach. Very friendly, plenty of pubs nearby. You will get plenty of advise from owner Ron.

He is a regular on the forum (Cempaka )but doesn't use it to promote.

You will also meet lots of people there including Scottish people who frequent the place.

Take this advise from a fellow Glaswegian.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

Another vote for Sanur beach villas - think it will be perfect for you and you will have a ball there meeting people and enjoying a drink or two.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,037 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

In your budget you will get a lovely room and very good breakfast at

Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar. Not on the beach but close stroll.

For a beach front resort look at Mercure resort Sanur (in your price range without breakfast included).

Taksu sanur hotel (short stroll to beach).

Once you look at Swiss- belresort I think you will want to stay there.

These are all in your budget but remember that online agents usually offer the best prices.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

Just a thought, if you are travelling solo Sanur may not be what you are after. But actually sure what your are after but if peace and quiet on your own is then Sanur would be fine. If a little more liveliness and the opportunity to meet people is your go then maybe Kuta or Legian would be a better option. You could get a good hotel well under your budget and the savings can go towards more Bintangs!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

Thanks all for recommendations, so much choice.

Sorry don't fancy Kuta sounds a bit like Patong in Phuket.

7. Re: Hotel/Inn Recomm for Solo Traveller Max £40/50 per night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 12, 2017